onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie Williams

Advert

Why are you worried that he may hear of recent events since then, like the treatment of Mark Simms? Which I am sure would shock him greatly.

Not particularly, I simply believe we live in a democracy.

He is aware of what has gone on through previous contact and no doubt chatting to people like Johnny Wilkes and Phil Taylor etc.

He's made his decision after being approached previously, just don't see the point in continually hassling someone who should be respected for what he has done for the club.

Yes why not upset a vale fan with millions of pounds in the bank.

Not a good move in the long term i think.

Hes given a statement, this smacks of desperation

What has his millions got to do with anything? he has already said he wont be giving vale anymore.... Oh dont upset him he's a millionaire.... what rot.

There is no long term with RW.... see above

He gave a statement when? before SeO hit the heights? before the death march? before the joint bid? he should be supplied with the information to reassess his decision.... whatever that is

Agreed.

The man has made a statement, now details are put on here (are these available in the public domain, if not is OVF happy that they have been posted?)

What better way to push him away than a load of web mongs sending him personal emails about the club?

OVF allows web mongs like you to post.

This is cheap and low.

If notifying a major shareholder of the situation regarding his investment is cheap and low....

What would you call not telling any of the shareholders anything?

It is not up to Robbie to pave the way for Mo. Mo and Mark have to drop "due diligence" if they really want to put the board in check mate. End of!

Please do not pester this girl and I appeal to admin to remove this thread if this email address is not readily available in the public domain as it breaches the forum rules.

I thought you were just silly until I read the above... drop due diligence.... so the board can slither away into the darkness and pretend they are heroes.... why not just open the books to show how honest and reliable they are.

How condescending..... "please do not pester this GIRL"

Stopped reading after you told me to grow up for not sharing the OVF opinion it seems.

OVF does not have an opinion.... the posters who use the facilities may

Do you not think by calling the boards bluff without restriction would have placed them in a corner?

However, is it a case that Mo and Mark were ensuring there bluff was not called?

Either way, it was an opportunity missed.

People can send as many "heart felt" emails as they want to Josie, Robbie will not see them and he will not vote, as such by not UNCONDITIONALY buying at least enough shares to neutralise the board Mo has no chance of winning at the EGM.

I agree that due diligence is required in an ideal situation, but if they are serious they have got to play the game in the end. [it isnt a game]

What are the odds on Mo reducing his offer once he has seen the books?

He will then be branded another Paladini and fended off. [read about the offer he made, the facts not the bb bullcack]

Due diligence has been stressed more by Mo's people than ever before in the history of a business deal. Why? [because its important to the business plan perhaps][or perhaps its never been refused before by any other business in the history of the world]

Mike Newton wanted a full audit not so he can reduce his valuation, or pull out but so he can formulate exactly how to make it work. [you know this how?]

This of course could be the case for Mo, [but you are suggesting otherwise by implication] but although I have seen the question asked it has never been answered properly, what are the potential implications of the Due Diligence?

Answering as LB has done previously that they don't know until they do it is a bull**** politicians answer in my opinion.

We all know the situation is dire,[do we?] we all know the books will reveal the club is virtually worthless[do we?] so I would assume that Mo knows this too.

Getting hold of 24.9% unconditionally to neutralise the board would have got his foot in the door. If they had refused an unconditional offer of investment then what else would other shareholders need to see before they withdraw support from Bratt and co? [they dont need a reason to refuse, bb could just say, as he has done in the past, hes just not right. you have to understand this is not the first offer to get rejected by a wall of silence, its not even the first offer not to be revealed to ALL the board, its not even the first offer to suddenly attract 2-3 other imaginary investors who suddenly disappear after the event]

Just a thought like!

So newton wanted a full audit and thats ok but mo wants to do similar but thats wrong.... maybe..... the implications of a full audit are not known until after the audit... how could he possibly say?.... how could anyone?

If newton was allowed to do a full audit [which he wasnt] and found 5M of debt not in the accounts would he have continued? the question should be why isnt anyone allowed to do due diligence?.... throwing money in without knowing where its going and why is financial suicide.... no sane person would even consider it.... only the insane would ask it.

So YOU make a statement.... YOU want to invest up to 5m in vale to get us to championship level, then find it will take 5m just to stand still and another 5m to get to div1 and stay there... what would YOU do? Keep throwing money at it like a bottomless pit?

I dont want a rich benefactor to take control and just throw cash at it until he/she gets tired of it and dumps it.....

I want the club to be viable in its own right, run like a business by business people with a plan for progress, development and advancement.

Not like a charity shop at the back end of nowhere run by nobodies....

I dont particularly care if thats Mo, newton or sid snot... but the only offer on the table is............ ???

No offense to charity shops intended

I'll respect his decision when he has made one based on the facts. As a major shareholder he has a responsibility to the club.

Agree,as a shareholder me-sen I have a responsibility to do whats best for the club and ROBBIE should do the same himself,I wounder if ROBBIE no's that MARK SIMS is also involved in the takeover ?

I'll respect his decision when he has made one based on the facts. As a major shareholder he has a responsibility to the club.

And that's what he is doing in his own mind.

Just because he doesn't agree with the majority of us on here and hasn't jumped into bed with Mo and Mark shouldn't be held against him, he's publically stated he's made his decision.

Imagine if he came out in favour of the board, he would be getting dogs abuse.

This is a vote for change . How can anyone after the clanger after clanger that these idiots make sit on the fence. Its not a case of i dont want to get involved . You support these ******s or you dont.

If Robbie doesn't want to get involved politically with the club then maybe he could split his shares up and give them equally to all the other 900 plus shareholders as they are informed and are keen to preserve the club that is still part of their lives. In doing this he would be distributing his shares equally and not be seen as taking sides. Unsure whether this is possible but it would mean an accurate percentage of those who want or don't want change.

If Robbie doesn't want to get involved politically with the club then maybe he could split his shares up and give them equally to all the other 900 plus shareholders as they are informed and are keen to preserve the club that is still part of their lives. In doing this he would be distributing his shares equally and not be seen as taking sides. Unsure whether this is possible but it would mean an accurate percentage of those who want or don't want change.

Birdy, I suggested this to Mo on Saturday after the match and think it could be feasible. This "compromise" surely cannot be seen as taking sides, pehaps LB could comment on the legality of such a scenario.

And that's what he is doing in his own mind.

Just because he doesn't agree with the majority of us on here and hasn't jumped into bed with Mo and Mark shouldn't be held against him, he's publically stated he's made his decision.

Imagine if he came out in favour of the board, he would be getting dogs abuse.

I'd respect him more for taking an interest! Whichever way he voted.

Archived