onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mark Simms....................

Fair enough, just trying to understand the board's mentality here.

They claim that Mo would not be in the best interests of the club but you think that they would sell if they made enough of a personal gain out of the situation.

I presumed that the reasons why they wouldn't sell to Mo would be just as valid if they were being offered £5 a share or £20 a share.

You seem to think that for them, their own personal gain would go before doing what is best for the club, and that you would do this yourself if you were in their shoes. Interesting...

I think they would have sold to someone if its in the best interest of the club and in the best interests of themselves,not one, without the other. Although there are probably extremes at both ends where the argument would break down (5 quid a share to an abromovich, 1000 a share to a housing developer, for example).

Advert

And if Mo offered £50 / share and it was still turned down. Wouldn't that send alarm bells ringing?

Given they bought shares last time to retain their position and they are allegedly attempting to buy shares behind the scenes now.

Yes. But he didn't. His last offer to the board was in fact zero quid per share.

What if I told you they were in it for both? .

But they have already made it clear that they think Mo is not right for the club and they wouldn't sell at any price..over my dead body I think was one quote, or is it a case of over my dead body or £20 a share?:D

I think they would have sold to someone if its in the best interest of the club and in the best interests of themselves,not one, without the other. Although there are probably extremes at both ends where the argument would break down (5 quid a share to an abromovich, 1000 a share to a housing developer, for example).

So therefore you are saying that they think mo's bid is in the best interests of the club?

So therefore you are saying that they think mo's bid is in the best interests of the club?

He's saying every man has his price.

But, my concern is that there is no price they could be bought out for and that would give me serious concerns about the situation of the company.

Yes. But he didn't. His last offer to the board was in fact zero quid per share.

What you are suggesting is that the board should buy at a fiver (Rob Lee was not given over the top for his shares according to Bratt) and sell at £20 per share.good business if you can get it .

That's not what I asked. What if he were to do that now?

Well, lets say pre-egm, now is kind of meaningless as they can't accept any offer. But yes, if jackson et al turned down 50 quid a share, i would be very very surprised.

Ive been trying to look at Mo`s bid from the boards point of view in respect to the claim that it is in the best interests of the club (trying to put aside the way they operate)

On one side...

The best interests of the club would be to sell 100% of the shares (1million i think) to get £5million cash.

A certain number of shares have currently been issued. If Mo wants to purchase 51% of issued shares, the remaining 49% become effectively worthless as he has gained control for £1.6 million and not 5 million. The most shares that he will ever have to purchase is £2.51 million if the other shares sell, but no one is going to purchase them if he has control. Effectively he has got the club "on the cheap" - they would say

Under the 24.9% rule, it is more likely that in time you will eventually reach the total share capital available of £5million.

On the other hand...

Other questions though have to be, what is the value of a company loosing £300k year on year with £3million pound worth of debt with assets of 3-5million (depending on valuations)

Really confused about the whole issue but trying to take an open view despite hating the lying bsatrds

I have had enough of this shambles. No more Vale for me as it stands. I have become an angry old man even my wife says I need to get my blood pressure checked. Bunch of evil idiots!

Many, many of us are feeling the same Bert but keep the faith, the fans will win the war I'm sure===

Yes, on balance it is, but that was not my original point.

I know I would never accept Mo's bid of zero pounds per share to give away control of a business that must be as fun to be a director of as port vale (used to be). And you know what - neither would Mo.

Archived