onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurfs statement.

melv

More reason to locate home fan's in the Hamil end then.

I agree with that and as a Bycars person I would not object. The thing is that if Bycars is the away stand it can't be reached without fans crossing down the Railway and Lorne Street sides. I guess the Lorne Street unopened section could be used which would be less of an issue, but that requires investment.

The Bycars is a general problem because it has no road access. That affects other provision such as catering in my opinion.

Advert

Would a second "home supporters" pub be viable on the Co-op land if it were acquired? Yes it's a little further for the Lorne street guys (but not much in it) but easily accessible to The Railway stand and the Bycars end fans. Plus it's away from visiting supporters and their vehicles..

The club might not be here if it wasnt for the council. They shouldnt be the target of our anger over this one.

That is right and especially because local government is absolutely at the centre of public sector spending cuts having most of the unprotected services. Across England and Wales local authorities have reduced expenditure by 30-40% and in many areas totally restructured themselves to cope with this. That is particularly true in the big conurbations such as Greater Manchester. So to focus on Port Vale in that environment was almost heroic (or reckless!).

The relationship between Norman and the police seems very strained.

How many othr clubs up and down the country have to deal with such nonsense?

How the hell do they cope with 28000 down the brittania?

Staffs police have a huge vendetta against us. Fair play to Norman for standing his ground but its a battle he seemingly will not win.

What happens now is anyones guess but the matchday experience has become more of a problem for some.

True, the police are less than useless. But some of our mentally challenged brethren should have a long hard look at themselves. If they had behaved themselves the problem would have been greatly reduced.

I understand our Police bill is likely to fall dramatically this season since they found out about your boycott, Nick. :laugh:

Really sad news all this and my heart goes out to the chairman but it seems the Police are taking advantage of our poor reputation and are just making things more and more difficult.

Like it or not the troublesome few who ffollow the club and those who are apologists for their actions are costing the club dear. I would like to think the Commissioner, the thugs and idiots and those who think the sun shines out of them are suitably ashamed but I doubt it very much.

On a side note I heard a message on Radio Stoke tonight from a fan saying as a result of this decision he was boycotting the Vale Social, club shop, lottery and all other additional spends. Does this person not understand or is he just thick and either way why didn't Radio Stoke put him right, yet more crap from Radio Stoke!

Good job I have stopped listening to Radio Stoke. Lee Blakeman is total dross and will remain in post until that clown who runs the station goes. I believe they are good mates so don't expect any change if your not happy with something he does at BBC Stoke.

Really sad news all this and my heart goes out to the chairman but it seems the Police are taking advantage of our poor reputation and are just making things more and more difficult.

Like it or not the troublesome few who ffollow the club and those who are apologists for their actions are costing the club dear. I would like to think the Commissioner, the thugs and idiots and those who think the sun shines out of them are suitably ashamed but I doubt it very much.

On a side note I heard a message on Radio Stoke tonight from a fan saying as a result of this decision he was boycotting the Vale Social, club shop, lottery and all other additional spends. Does this person not understand or is he just thick and either way why didn't Radio Stoke put him right, yet more crap from Radio Stoke!

Just thick il go with. There are a few.

If people are being deliberately prevented from using the vale social club, does that not constitute "restraint of trade"?

The Licensee is being deliberately prevented from conducting their legal and legitimate business and may consequently incur a loss!!

Any legal experts out there who can comment on this?

Archived