onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England Euro 2016 team?

TylerB

I would not take Rooney, his performance this season does not warrant him a place,

I agree. We know that Rooney will have a stinker so why not play Vardy and Kane? Vardy worries defenders with his pace and after last night's goal a fair bit of skill too.

England's cricket team play with no fear these days. We should take a leaf out of their book

Advert

I would not take Rooney, his performance this season does not warrant him a place,

He's been excellent this year though and has looked somewhat back to his best the last 7 games or so. In what could be a very young side it's vital to have some experience in it.

Hart

Clyne

Stones

Smalling

Baines

Alli

Dier

Walcott

Barkley

Sterling

Kane

Hopefully Vardy can translate his domestic form to international, and when he plays he plays upfront and not on the left wing. Hope Roy plays Alli. Got a feeling he prefers Delph though.

GK: Hart, Butland, Forster

Def: Gibbs, Clyne, Bertrand, Jagielka, Stones, Smalling, Jones/Cahil, Baines

Mid: Henderson, Ox, Milner, Barkley, Ali, Dier, Sterling, Delph

ST: Rooney, Vardy, Kane, Walcott.

That looks close to me, probably missed someone off. Welbeck,Wilshere and Sturridge to injury prone unfortunately.

On current form I'd take Aaron Cresswell over both Bertrand and Baines.

Rooney is certainly past his best, and has been for an amount of time, but you're deluded or just simply talking nonsense if you think that he's crap. He could of perhaps been an even better player had he fulfilled all of the potential he showed at such a young age, but he's still been a top-class player and has been world-class for at least a couple of seasons of his career.

Yes the type of crap that is the country's highest goal scorer.

Bobby Charlton was the country's top scorer until a couple of years ago, but he wouldn't have played for the last 35 years. At some stage, Rooney must be accepted as not being the right man up front, even tho he's the country's leading scorer. He's failed so often at the major events I think trying some younger blood makes a lot of sense.

Archived