onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 - Fleetwood 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

Thought we did ok to be fair. They were difficult to break down and a point and clean sheet is better than nothing! Was impressed with Kennedy again but the frontmen need to improve. Aj is the exception of course.

You're right that the frontmen need to improve but today AJ was very poor as well.

In a poor game we ended up putting in a number of great balls from Kennedy and Purkiss and nobody looked like getting on the end of it.

Folk keep going on about Walsall and Burton. I've just had a look at the most recent accounts for both clubs and there is no doubt that both of them are better off than Vale. Walsall's gate receipts last year were £1.5 million but they had other income listed as Football and Commercial Income in excess of £4 million. Their total wage and salary costs are listed as £2.8 million but it is not clear how much of this is actually the football budget. They actually made a profit last year as well. Both clubs also have a Board of Directors.

You can't be serious?

The scary thing is, I think you actually are.

Deadly serious.

I love the Vale and have had season tickets for the last 20 years, even when I've lived in another country. This season we are in the top half of league 1 and I have rarely seen a game I can't say the players have put 100% in. Exeter away being the big disappointment.

I'm sick to death of reading doom and gloom, anti-Page and anti-Smurf. Neither are perfect but both have done very good jobs overall.

As for this rubbish about Burton are top of the league with a low crowd so we should be too... What about the Sheffield Uniteds and the Bradfords. I don't support Vale because I have an unrealistic pursuit of success and brilliant football, I support them because they're my team. And this season the players have not let me down. However the fans have with constant negativity have. If you don't want to support a team without the infrastructure to ever get real success go and get a Sky Sports subscription and **** off because I'd rather watch Vale in the Conference North with 2000 real fans than listen to 4000 booing them off for a hard working yet unspectacular 0-0.

Deadly serious.

I love the Vale and have had season tickets for the last 20 years, even when I've lived in another country. This season we are in the top half of league 1 and I have rarely seen a game I can't say the players have put 100% in. Exeter away being the big disappointment.

I'm sick to death of reading doom and gloom, anti-Page and anti-Smurf. Neither are perfect but both have done very good jobs overall.

As for this rubbish about Burton are top of the league with a low crowd so we should be too... What about the Sheffield Uniteds and the Bradfords. I don't support Vale because I have an unrealistic pursuit of success and brilliant football, I support them because they're my team. And this season the players have not let me down. However the fans have with constant negativity have. If you don't want to support a team without the infrastructure to ever get real success go and get a Sky Sports subscription and **** off because I'd rather watch Vale in the Conference North with 2000 real fans than listen to 4000 booing them off for a hard working yet unspectacular 0-0.

there wasn't 4000 booing them off, it's a question if it was 400.

Deadly serious.

I have to say I never heard many boos at the full time whistle today, might have been a few groans but that would be up and down the country when you draw nil nil at home to a team 1 place out the bottom 4.

I cannot believe any true Vale fan would sooner watch them play in the conference than in league 1, I sometimes moan but I put it down to frustration at wanting the team to do so well.

What annoys me is that people seem to think it is just Vale fans, it is fans of most teams up and down the country that moan, look at those 5 miles down the road moaning like anything before today about recent performances, it is the nature of football nowadays and we are not alone, unless you are successful you are going to get people moaning.

Folk keep going on about Walsall and Burton. I've just had a look at the most recent accounts for both clubs and there is no doubt that both of them are better off than Vale. Walsall's gate receipts last year were £1.5 million but they had other income listed as Football and Commercial Income in excess of £4 million. Their total wage and salary costs are listed as £2.8 million but it is not clear how much of this is actually the football budget. They actually made a profit last year as well. Both clubs also have a Board of Directors.

Sounds like they are both better ran ...

Deadly serious.

I think you'll find it's the constant negativity from our chairman and the spectacular mess he is making of running our club that is likely to result in your dream for conference football & 2000 loyal fans

Now that I've read all the way through this thread, it seems that the view from Biddulph and Alsager is a lot clearer than that from Vale Park. Not our best game by any means but struggling, fighting teams are always the hardest to play against at this stage of the season. The good points were maintaining our home record, Robinson's best performance to date (although he is clearly not fully match fit yet), some excellent build up play when the finish did not quite come off with good work from Grant, Foley, Moore, Kennedy and Purkiss. Bad points: far too many high crosses into the box which were meat and drink to the big Fleetwood defence and sections of the crowd who moaned and groaned every time one of our players tried to create something which did not quite come off. Ugly points: all the posters who come on here simply to criticise the chairman who has done and continues to do marvellous work for the club.

What's your definition of marvellous ?

Get a grip the ball was never going go in for us ,u have games like that the most important thing is we didn't let one in at the other end ,ok a tad bit fortunate with that .

In the last two home games I think we deserved six points the fact we got two is the only negative and yesterday's crowd was horrendous 4119 with ( 58 travelling away fans fair play to them ).

I suppose having a firestick and watching glorified prem league is what the missing r doing ,but u who r missing from the games when we r gone we r gone .

I think this team is doing very well ( at home ) ,the three drawn games we should have won all three AJLS is the main culprit he is missing to many chances ,hope he is on the training pitch today working on his technique and finishing different types of chances .

Granty do us a favour lad don't shoot the one yesterday is in Tunstall park .

Utv go and win at Sheffield now .

I'd didn't hear any boos at the end, just a few groans of frustration as fans left. The performance wasn't vintage, but then again we've seen much worse. We had lots of the ball around their box but did absolutely nothing with it. First half we were insistent on whipping in high long crosses, but to who? Second half, particularly Kennedy, messed about beating his man over and over, with no end product. It seem we're obsessed with trying to walk the ball into the net, resulting in no shots on target to my recollection. Robinson and Hooper are not the answer, and I wonder sometimes how AJ has scored so many goals. We're a decent striker away from a good team and it shows.

Just a frustrating performance rather than a bad one .

The main positive for me is that in recent seasons we'd have lost that 1-0 which shows the resilience at home we've developed. How many times have we had those games and been hit by a sucker punch especially against a physically strong team like Fleetwood who on the day we've struggled to break down.

Issue is as a good footballing team but we've little physical presence up front we are going to do better against the top sides as they come and attack making an open game for us whereas your Fleetwoods, Scunthorpes and Bradfords who set up with a physical approach to not get beat first and try and nick one on the break with no physical strikers to aim for every cross is going to get easily dealt with.

Maybe that's where we made a mistake in letting Ikpeazu go as he would give us that (when in the mood). Although he's not really got much game time would Campion add that side or not? Haven't seen enough of him to know if he's got any aerial ability?

Archived