onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

bgwmc news???

vale in the blood

This kept being shouted out and alls that Lloyd said was 'commercial' and 'facilities' again and again. Tbh on several occasions it felt we saw the real Deakin and Lloyd behind the niceness, the part of them thats clearly in this for themselves and to me they seemed arrogant, ignorant and confrontational to anything specifically negative towards them. I also got the feelin that some people in the room (connected to NLV and Sproson fund?) had dirt to dish on both men.

Just heard the same elsewhere, anybody know what it is?

Advert

But that does nothing for the playing budget. It simply means we have more fancy facilities, which admittedly has a benefit but not a tangible one. Crewe have great training facilities but look where they sit right now.

Amongst the many responses they made to this point, Lloyd mentioned Crewe and their losses and how were better off etc, and Deakin made the stupid 'Isnt 4-1 good enough? You all missed a great game' comment

I came away feeling a little more positive. The investment sounds big, and they were under no illusions of the need to remove GO & BB asap. For me, if in a month the investment happens (and they seem very confidaent) and BB is history and they can get MS on board I think I would go back because I cannot see GO changing his mind and in any case I am conident he would get voted off at the AGM. Of course at 21.50 how many matches I would go up until Xmas and half ST is debatable - but the sacrifice would have been worth it. the B & G objectives ie total change and investment would have been achieved, there is no way on Gods earth this would have happened without the protests.

[/b]

Just heard the same elsewhere, anybody know what it is?

Malcolm left us all dangling on a string,we were willing him on but he wouldn't say anything,a big big let down!!! Lets hope he will dish the dirt soon?

I came away feeling a little more positive. The investment sounds big, and they were under no illusions of the need to remove GO & BB asap. For me, if in a month the investment happens (and they seem very confidaent) and BB is history and they can get MS on board I think I would go back because I cannot see GO changing his mind and in any case I am conident he would get voted off at the AGM. Of course at 21.50 how many matches I would go up until Xmas and half ST is debatable - but the sacrifice would have been worth it. the B & G objectives ie total change and investment would have been achieved, there is no way on Gods earth this would have happened without the protests.

That's how i felt ,but the crass "you missed a great game " comment annoyed me. I have most probably been going longer then he has been alive

Malcolm certainly has something. He did state that he couldn't say anything out of respect of a third party. Malcolms line was "will you Mike Lloyd resign as a director/chairman if i (Malcolm) can prove that the place you offered NLV on the board was an empty promiss."

But that does nothing for the playing budget. It simply means we have more fancy facilities, which admittedly has a benefit but not a tangible one. Crewe have great training facilities but look where they sit right now.

To be honest it is badley needed look at the recent nantwich problem. I know crewe are in a poor state. But we need better stadium facilaties and training facilaties. Ours are poor atm on both sides and need addressing starting with getting that embarrasment of a lorne street done and dusted for good.

Malcolm certainly has something. He did state that he couldn't say anything out of respect of a third party. Malcolms line was "will you Mike Lloyd resign as a director/chairman if i (Malcolm) can prove that the place you offered NLV on the board was an empty promiss."

Perhaps Malcolm's playing his cards close to his chest, making them sweat a little?

Malcolm left us all dangling on a string,we were willing him on but he wouldn't say anything,a big big let down!!! Lets hope he will dish the dirt soon?

I found that a bit frustrating after all the "Leading" questions it was a damp squib no end result,dont understand why that line of questioning was used if it couldnt be followed up with the killer punch.Quite peculiar

Having read the amazing notes taken, I think it's a bit of an anticlimax....I've been concerned in the past that our commercial side has been rubbish the former CEO and the idiot in charge of marketing were totally hopeless, and it's obvious that we need to sweat the asset that is Vale Park, especially the enterprise park side of things and the Lorne Street facilities, but it will be a long time before any of that finds its way into the playing budget - and my concern is that the football side takes second place.

Mike Lloyd has an unfortunate history of setting up businesses that fail - and that end up owing money to local people, who never get it back, for example the Theatre Royal, Mike Lloyd Music shops, and the Concert side of things - all of which went under...and it was as much about ( at least as far as I can work out) bad planning, bad management and not seeing what was happening in the market. Not sure at what point he knew it was all going pear shaped, but it does seem like sailing a little close to the wind......I'd need to ask people I've not seen for years who used to work for him, but I don't think he made many friends.....

He always seemed to come out of it ok himself, though, personal finances intact - otherwise he'd not have been in the position to take up the Directorship at Vale.

I don't know what he did at Walsall, but he must have left for a reason.

That business history does worry me a fair bit, and the fact that he's asking us all to trust him, when we don't know who the investors will be, worries me too.

I'm willing to give him a little rope, because he's talking....not sure how much he's listening, and what he's in it for other than himself.

Having read the amazing notes taken, I think it's a bit of an anticlimax....I've been concerned in the past that our commercial side has been rubbish the former CEO and the idiot in charge of marketing were totally hopeless, and it's obvious that we need to sweat the asset that is Vale Park, especially the enterprise park side of things and the Lorne Street facilities, but it will be a long time before any of that finds its way into the playing budget - and my concern is that the football side takes second place.

Mike Lloyd has an unfortunate history of setting up businesses that fail - and that end up owing money to local people, who never get it back, for example the Theatre Royal, Mike Lloyd Music shops, and the Concert side of things - all of which went under...and it was as much about ( at least as far as I can work out) bad planning, bad management and not seeing what was happening in the market. Not sure at what point he knew it was all going pear shaped, but it does seem like sailing a little close to the wind......I'd need to ask people I've not seen for years who used to work for him, but I don't think he made many friends.....

He always seemed to come out of it ok himself, though, personal finances intact - otherwise he'd not have been in the position to take up the Directorship at Vale.

I don't know what he did at Walsall, but he must have left for a reason.

That business history does worry me a fair bit, and the fact that he's asking us all to trust him, when we don't know who the investors will be, worries me too.

I'm willing to give him a little rope, because he's talking....not sure how much he's listening, and what he's in it for other than himself.

It is the things that he bought to walsall you have see. He was a big reason why they ended up a First Division/champiosnship side.

Archived