onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alexander Jones

TylerB

Advert

So sending Hooper out and replacing him with Jones was another masterstroke by Bruno and Smurf? Are the doubters starting to come round? What a start this lad has had for us! Long may it continue.

We sent hooper out after jones came. Hooper went out and Paterson came in. What I've seen so far of paterson I would have preferred hooper but I can't see why he went to northampton when he isn't even getting off the bench.

I think Birmingham should have a look at him and realise how far he has come on in such a short time under the guidance of Bruno and his staff. They should also realise that he is not the finished article yet and that a complete season under the guidance of the Vale management team would see the investment in their player grow. Bruno is playing him, he is learning more and more each time he plays, while other managers take our forwards on loan and have them sitting on the bench - I would hope that Birmingham see that their investment is growing while our player at Northampton, under his favourite manager, is a bench warmer. Just goes to show that some managers know how to use the loan system and have faith in youth, while others are just doing what they did last year, which doesn't help the loanee one jot.

Typical of Page I'm afraid and Smurf said as much last week. It may have suited us to let JJ go out on loan but a fat lot of good it will do us or him if he gets no playing time. Most of all, I feel sorry for Hooper who must have gone there thinking he could take advantage of more playing time to really make his mark. Early days yet for him though, so let's hope he eventually gets a fair crack of the whip.

As for Jones, what a great striker he's turning out to be. Other clubs with bigger budgets are surely going to start taking an interest in time to take him on loan in January. It's one thing if Birmingham want to take him back after his loan spell is up, it's another if he were to go elsewhere. So let's hope Smurf is talking to them to get first refusal if the blues are happy for him to stay on loan after December.

Typical of Page I'm afraid and Smurf said as much last week. It may have suited us to let JJ go out on loan but a fat lot of good it will do us or him if he gets no playing time. Most of all, I feel sorry for Hooper who must have gone there thinking he could take advantage of more playing time to really make his mark. Early days yet for him though, so let's hope he eventually gets a fair crack of the whip.

As for Jones, what a great striker he's turning out to be. Other clubs with bigger budgets are surely going to start taking an interest in time to take him on loan in January. It's one thing if Birmingham want to take him back after his loan spell is up, it's another if he were to go elsewhere. So let's hope Smurf is talking to them to get first refusal if the blues are happy for him to stay on loan after December.

Hooper got more game time when he was with us.

As for jones, brum would be mad not to let him stay the season. We could do for them what Torquay did for us with smith.

Hooper got more game time when he was with us.

As for jones, brum would be mad not to let him stay the season. We could do for them what Torquay did for us with smith.

I hope you're right - we need Jones if we're going to mount a serious challenge. The problem for Birmingham is that their current forwards are not that prolific or experienced. They have Donaldson, of course, but then they have Adams (previously at the Blunts where he scored about 1 in 5 in L1), Jutkiewicz on loan from Burnley whose scoring rate is about the same, and Storer a young lad of 18 previously at Stevenage. Depending on how these do and how many injuries they have (Storer has already been out injured), Birmingham may well be interested in getting Jones back.

That's why I think Smurf needs to be talking to Birmingham now before we're anywhere near January. Given his recent success with Nathan Smith, I guess he's well aware of the need to do act quickly. Fingers crossed!

Good thread, Alex Jones is quickly moving his way towards becoming a star. The lad is clearly a natural finisher which is something you can't teach.

He's quickly fired himself into our top 10 ever loanees already surely? If he keeps this up I can only see David Lowe, Chris Killen(only 10 games) and Tony Sealy as rivalling him for the title of best ever.

We sent hooper out after jones came. Hooper went out and Paterson came in. What I've seen so far of paterson I would have preferred hooper but I can't see why he went to northampton when he isn't even getting off the bench.

I don't suppose Hooper went there knowing he'd be on the bench, much like the numerous loans Page brought to Vale and hardly used.

Archived