onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Starting 11

TylerB

So far you'd say that the only definites are Lainton, Smith, Pugh, Montano and Pope. You could possibly add Barnett to that so long as Brown actually goes with two up top, although if Forrester has a good pre-season he could well start.

Slowly but surely I think we're getting there. We still need at least another 5 or 6 players, but imagine if we could get Bikey, Guy and Green, and get the former and the latter fit. I'd think on paper we'd look a very decent side. I haven't included Eagles as I think he's the one we have the least chance of actually signing.

Lainton

Smith

Bikey

Kay

Montano

Guy

Pugh

De Freitas

Green

Barnett

Pope

Personally I don't see the point of playing full-backs when you have a lack of quality there, unless we suddenly bring a couple of full-backs in.

Advert

Not sure if Guy is going to sign yet, but Brown said 90% sure for him & Tyler Walker so hopefully. I'd say Kay in for Bikey. Then either Walker or Forrester up top with Pope, Barnett on the bench.

Based off of just the squad numbers, Brown looks to add a few first choice players yet too, so this will all probably change.

Forgot about Kay! Replace him with Davis, who I see as a back up player anyway. Or with Bikey if he doesn't end up signing.

Surprised if Bikey signs now, I've pretty much forgotten about him & Eagles. Focus on building a side, & if they sign it's a bonus.

I've got a gut feeling Eagles will come back with his tail between his legs after not being offered anything at Villa.

Wouldn't care if he did to be honest, everyone wants to play at the highest level possible for as long as they can. L1 is a damn sight more attractive than L2 this season with some of the teams, so I expect him to go there, but he'd still walking into our starting 11.

Villa won't take him, they're going for promotion to the PL.

At the minute I'd say his 11 would be something like:

Lainton

New rb

Smith

Kay

New lb

New rm

De Freitas

Pugh

Montano

Pope

Barnett.

Tend to agree with you.

I'm still concerned about a lack of goals from midfield and a lack of pace up front but no doubt our starting XI will be a bit different to that by August.

So far you'd say that the only definites are Lainton, Smith, Pugh, Montano and Pope. You could possibly add Barnett to that so long as Brown actually goes with two up top, although if Forrester has a good pre-season he could well start.

Slowly but surely I think we're getting there. We still need at least another 5 or 6 players, but imagine if we could get Bikey, Guy and Green, and get the former and the latter fit. I'd think on paper we'd look a very decent side. I haven't included Eagles as I think he's the one we have the least chance of actually signing.

Lainton

Smith

Bikey

Kay

Montano

Guy

Pugh

De Freitas

Green

Barnett

Pope

Personally I don't see the point of playing full-backs when you have a lack of quality there, unless we suddenly bring a couple of full-backs in.

Would love to see us play 3 5 2 with some proper wide play but can't see Brown changing a 4 5 1 or 4 4 2. Still think we need a creative midfielder.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the starting 11 is looking a lot stronger since the arrival of Wilson and Harness. Very impressed with Wilson singing, if he can stay fit we probably have one the best RB's in the league. My starting 11 so far would be, 4-4-2:

Lainton

Wilson

Kay

Smith

New LB

Harness

ADF

New CM

Montano

Pope

Pyke/Barnett

Bench:

Hornby

Davis

Kelly

Reeves

Forrester

Pyke/Barnett

New Winger/Possibly Eagles

That to me looks very promising, we could potentially push for promotion with two big singings in CM and LB.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Archived