onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We have a new Chairman

Jacko51

The new lot do seem to have secured control of the club "on the cheap", a direct result of the power vacum created post EGM. Its not like the outgoing lot sanctioned this move, it was pulled off in spite of bratt, oliver etc , not because of them.

So instead of Mo (on the cheap) we get this lot (on the cheap). But if you think anyone was going to walk in and overpay for control, well, you are in la-la land. The losers here are jackson, bratt, oliver etc. It remains to be seen if PVFC will be winners, but in the absence of evidence to the contrary, lets give the new lot a go and judge them in 12 months time.

Advert

Is this the Peter Miller friends of Jack Warner the same Peter Miller who headed up the Football Company of Trinidad and Tobago (FCOTT) the commercial wing of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF)...didn't the FCOTT go bankrupt?

Is this the Peter Miller who was interested in Peterborough FC (big town centre re-development) and Luton FC (development land) and

who sacked the Luton manager and assistant manager...always has

Terry Fenwick lined up for the managers job.

Is this the Peter Miller who was sacked by Northampton and when asked in court by the judge as to why money was to go to an overseas company that Miller was neither a Director or employee

of...Miller replied "Don't Know".

So 500k from Newton wasn't enough and 1.2 million from Chaudry wasn't enough but 250k from Miller buys the Chairman job....between them Miller and Deakin have got control of the club very much on the on the cheap.....just who is the money behind these two.

Well put BA

The new lot do seem to have secured control of the club "on the cheap", a direct result of the power vacum created post EGM. Its not like the outgoing lot sanctioned this move, it was pulled off in spite of bratt, oliver etc , not because of them.

So instead of Mo (on the cheap) we get this lot (on the cheap). But if you think anyone was going to walk in and overpay for control, well, you are in la-la land. The losers here are jackson, bratt, oliver etc. It remains to be seen if PVFC will be winners, but in the absence of evidence to the contrary, lets give the new lot a go and judge them in 12 months time.

:yes::clap:

For incidents 1 & 2 We had the following board members in situ: Bill Bratt, Peter Jackson, Stan Meigh, Glenn Oliver

For incident 3, we did not!:D

So by that logic, we have replaced a board who were holding out for more than £500k and more than £1.2m with a board who have accepted a man investing around £125k and given him the chairmanship???

I just think there is a few smelly rats about this whole thing.

But if you think anyone was going to walk in and overpay for control, well, you are in la-la land.

Most people knew the value of the net assets of the club.

I don't think anybody was seriously arguing that an investor should overpay for control. Except for Bratt, Jackson and Oliver maybe. And a couple of nutters on here who argued that the directors should have been paid "goodwill".

People were using it purely as an example of the hypocrisy we've had to put up with.

Had a thought and looked beyond a few posts on the Luton website by those who were looking for a scapegoat for their problems! Did you ever read Miller's reply to these accusations or just listen to one side of the story and make a judgement?

Some people will read and believe what they want to believe, me, I look for the facts and both sides of the story, not hearsay and gossip from those who have an agenda! :yes:

You could also try speaking to some of Miller's associates in football then as well. Also speak to Aston Villa and ask them what Miller actually did for them, like you say you shouldnt just listen to hearsay and gossip.

This whole episode stinks to high heaven and will end in many tears, justy my humble opinion of course

So by that logic, we have replaced a board who were holding out for more than £500k and more than £1.2m with a board who have accepted a man investing around £125k and given him the chairmanship???

I just think there is a few smelly rats about this whole thing.

I think you need to stopp trying to make 2+2=547623!

The amounts quoted are merely there personal share investment! In cases 1 & 2 this was to be outside of the 24.9% rule, case 3 is inside that and since a joint party with BSI is limited by nature in the amount that can be held.

If you want to use purported quivalent values, then use the correct ones

Newton = £500k and control of the club

Chaudry = £5m and control of the club

Miller/BSI = £8m and shared ownership of the club

I can't get over how people are so eadger to spin figures to find something wrong with this deal. No-one has any evidence or any clue about the details of the deal and yet everyone is lookning to find something wrong. Maybe you would all prefer Miller and BSI to walk away and let Bratt and Oliver have control back of the club, cos let's face it, that is the only alternative that will ever realistically happen!

You could also try speaking to some of Miller's associates in football then as well. Also speak to Aston Villa and ask them what Miller actually did for them, like you say you shouldnt just listen to hearsay and gossip.

This whole episode stinks to high heaven and will end in many tears, justy my humble opinion of course

Next you'll be saying there's no smoke without fire!

Why are people on here so determined to find something wrong or illegal with this deal before the people have even had chance to get in their boardroom seats? Maybe they should leave Vale Park as we are such an ungrateful lot and give the reains back to Bratt and Oliver, is that what everyone wants?

I really don't know what to think but I have to say I'm more concerned than confident but we have no option but to wait and see but for me something isn't right!!:unsure:

Tosh, I'm genuinely interested to know, what makes you feel "something isn't right"?

Is it a particular fact, a heresay statement posted up on this forum by some who are not happy with what we have got, or that you feel you don't have all the facts?

I really don't know what to think but I have to say I'm more concerned than confident but we have no option but to wait and see but for me something isn't right!!:unsure:

That's how i feel Tosh but i guess we have to give them time,we wanted Bratt and Co out and got it,we cant have it all ways(doesn't stop me trying to tell the mrs otherwise though;))

Next you'll be saying there's no smoke without fire!

Why are people on here so determined to find something wrong or illegal with this deal before the people have even had chance to get in their boardroom seats? Maybe they should leave Vale Park as we are such an ungrateful lot and give the reains back to Bratt and Oliver, is that what everyone wants?

PM did'nt even get his directors seat warm before he took over the chairman seat , and as for giving control back to Bratt and co. NO, Just two local business men. :yes:

Tosh, I'm genuinely interested to know, what makes you feel "something isn't right"?

Is it a particular fact, a heresay statement posted up on this forum by some who are not happy with what we have got, or that you feel you don't have all the facts?

I really dont know, it's just a hunch, I trust my instincts and to me something isn't right.

Btw, the last time I saw you was at the Crawley protest and you were about to rip Lloyd's head off:D have you been targeted and brainwashed? I know Lloyd tried to get another couple of voiciferous fans onside but they told him to bog off!!===

Archived