onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England talk

TylerB

With the football coming in the summer, who at the moment would you take and not take? What would your own 11 be? Will it be just another case of same old under Southgate, who despite seeming like a nice guy has about as much charisma as roadkill. If you were picking a team on form alone this season so far, it would look something like this -

Pickford

Walker

Jones

Maguire

Young

Delph

Wilshere

Lingard

Sterling

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Kane

I know Wilshere and Chamberlain haven't started a lot of games, but their form for the last month or two has been excellent. Delph has largely played at left-back for City but Dier has been bang average, and we don't really have anyone else who can play there other than perhaps Loftus-Cheek.

Obviously I think we can expect to see the likes of Hart, Cahill, Rose and Dier to start more than likely if they're available.

Advert

Jack Butland is a good keeper and he's getting loads of practice this season.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

He's a good keeper, with plenty of room for improvement. But every time I've watched Everton this season, which is only 4 or 5 times granted, Pickford has stood out. His distribution is head and shoulders better than both Hart and Butland's. Liverpool should have signed him.

Pickford

Walker Stones Jones Rose

Dier

Lallana Wilshere

Sterling Kane Rashford

Obviously a lot is dependent on the fitness of 3 of the back 4, and Lallana Wilshere, but I feel thats our strongest 11.

Without Lallana and Wilshere we would have no creativity in the side. Wilshere in particular is one of the few in the set up who can make a defence splitting forward pass. The question is whether Southgate will even take him.

Hart/Pickford

Walker, Stones, Cahill, Rose

Dier, Wilshere,

Sterling, Ali, Rashford,

Kane

Pickford for me, and would like to change Cahill, although not sure for who (probably Jones - I like Maguire but too similar to Stones I think), and probably Rashford for Lallana, but otherwise I like this team.

Going forward, we should be decent, but how good we will be at the back remains to be seen.

I think having Rashford, Vardy and the Ox on the bench brings pace and an air of unpredictability that we haven't really had previously.

Goalkeeper is a tough position, it's genuinely up for grabs. Hart looks like he's gone. There aren't a great deal of English keepers in the PL.

I don't think Butland's a bad player but he's playing behind a poor defence which can't be doing him any favours in the long run. Ultimately I think it will be between him and Pickford unless Heaton wins his place back off Pope and has a storming second half of the season.

Goalkeeper is a tough position, it's genuinely up for grabs. Hart looks like he's gone. There aren't a great deal of English keepers in the PL.

I don't think Butland's a bad player but he's playing behind a poor defence which can't be doing him any favours in the long run. Ultimately I think it will be between him and Pickford unless Heaton wins his place back off Pope and has a storming second half of the season.

To be fair he'd also be playing behind a pretty poor one for England! Crazy that just ten years ago our national team's back line read Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Sol Campbell and Ashley Cole.

And when you put Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Beckham, Owen and a young Rooney in front of that, you have to wonder how the hell we didn't do so much better in tournaments!

Archived