onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

AT 2-2 we have an unbelievable chance with Kays free header, he had all the goal to aim at and should have scored, no doubt. I don’t think our midfielders or forwards matched their intensity that they came at us with for the second half. Wilson needs to quickly learn he is not playing against kids. I thought the new lad should have come off earlier too. We need a new left back and a stronger keeper because Boot was coming for balls and not getting anything on his punches. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see Lainton come back in. They are a good side and keep the ball well and move it well too, they just proved that we need more mobility in our side. Whitfield is way off the pace still I think.

Advert

The typical Vale shambles of second half from us. Never felt comfortable even at 2-0 up. I had a feeling that something would go wrong as soon as Coleman walked on to the pitch to intimidate the referee at half time. The ref bought it.

All three of their goals were identical. They managed to hold the ball up around the six yard box and lay it off for a clear shot on target. All too easy.

Oh and Pugh was rubbish. Got run ragged down his side but moaned his bag off at everyone else, including Gibbons bizarrely who got him out of jail twice at the far post in the first half. Allowing Gunning to go was clearly not some part of a master plan.

Pugh was at fault for all there goalshe didnt play like he wanted it .

A great day ruined by a ref who didnt see the handball if it was one and lets face it they aint 3rd cause they r crap they r 3rd cause they are notivated to win .

First half we played good and come on they had 3 goal attempts they all went in they will get promotionwith that shots on target goals ratio.

Danny Pugh has to be questioned over all there goals in my opinion.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

That was awful. We all know where the blame lies. At our **** of an owner. It is known that Aspo wanted to keep Gunning but Smurf refused to back him with the money.

Instead we had to get some freebie loans in.

Smurf is undermining any potential for progress under Aspo. He has no interest and should stop wasting our time and his.

Let me get this right... your saying there's no blame to be pointed at Aspin today and it's Smurfs fault that having gone 2 nil up we lost the game? U on drugs?

Let me get this right... your saying there's no blame to be pointed at Aspin today and it's Smurfs fault that having gone 2 nil up we lost the game? U on drugs?

Perhaps having a good December was the worst thing that could have happened.

I get the impression that the owner has become complacent about what he can get away with not spending in the window.

And are you saying that the second half capitulation was aspos fault? I'm pretty sure he said at half time 'keep it tight for the first 10 mins as they'll come at us'. Only blame today has to be attributed to the players

In 44 years of watching Vale I've had some frustrations and bad days but that second half today was eye watering. Kee cheated us but we were so bad it was embarrassing. This time last year Smithy was being described as the next million pound sale.....now, I've coached better U15's. As VFIA said Pugh was a liability at LB. Why didn't Aspo change it? I'm in the trough of despond tonight BUT I'm old enough to know better I suppose. There's always next week as my dear Old Man used to say. If I had a cat I'd kick it! Come on Vale!!

That was awful. We all know where the blame lies. At our **** of an owner. It is known that Aspo wanted to keep Gunning but Smurf refused to back him with the money.

Instead we had to get some freebie loans in.

Smurf is undermining any potential for progress under Aspo. He has no interest and should stop wasting our time and his.

Sorry your talking ****.

Today I thought we were good first half and struggled in the second against a good side but missed a sitter with kay that would have won us the game.

How is this one the chairmans fault then? I know we all like to blame him for everything but this isnt his fault.

Gunning was offered a much improved deal but took one at fgr that was longer and silly for a player of his calibre. Why the hell are we making out he was a world beater? If we start offering 2 year deals with huge wage increases to dog average players then we will be in admin in no time.

Some freebie loans? Were in ******* league 2 mate what the hell do you expect? Us to splash the cash? Dont be silly were doing the same as other sides do. Taking loans from higher up sides and bringing in players on frees. Or in the case of hannant (which you conveniently left out) paid a small fee to stop other sides who would wait to get him on a free in the summer. (He was pretty decent today as well).

Smurf isnt undermining any potential what so ever. It was obvious we needed to offload a load of players thanks to Brown and Aspin has had to deal with that.

Stop blaming everything on the owner when today we lost because we should have managed the game much much better in the second half!!! Aspin deserves more blame today than smurf and thats a fact.

As for the players, useless second half, was impressed with the new lad hannant, Pugh was utter garbage as per usual and boot is still stealing a wage at PVFC. Been saying it for weeks play Lainton or get a half decent keeper in.

We're all obviously disappointed but these sort of problems have been with us for ages and it'll take Aspo time to sort them. Hammering Pugh is pointless because he isn't a left back plus his legs have 'gone', we need a proper left back but I'm worried Aspo isn't being backed to afford proper experience.

Another thing, I've never seen a group of players at each other's throats when something goes wrong quite like ours. Especially the way some of our more experienced players lay into the kids. It doesn't look like a healthy exchange most of the time.

No. However the reality is the squad has needed reinforcements at first team, starting line up level. Aspin stated he wanted to keep Gunning but lost him over money. Money which is Smurf’s responsibility.

It isn’t just today. We are struggling in league 2, even with Aspos significant improvements. Any sound owner would recognize that for a club always in the FL, being 6 points off going out of it for the first time in the club’s history despite a much improved management situation is a pretty good indication better players are needed. Not some non league lads.

No. However the reality is the squad has needed reinforcements at first team, starting line up level. Aspin stated he wanted to keep Gunning but lost him over money. Money which is Smurf’s responsibility.

It isn’t just today. We are struggling in league 2, even with Aspos significant improvements. Any sound owner would recognize that for a club always in the FL, being 6 points off going out of it for the first time in the club’s history despite a much improved management situation is a pretty good indication better players are needed. Not some non league lads.

I said the other day about experience and I got shot down for it .

Archived