onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

No. However the reality is the squad has needed reinforcements at first team, starting line up level. Aspin stated he wanted to keep Gunning but lost him over money. Money which is Smurf’s responsibility.

It isn’t just today. We are struggling in league 2, even with Aspos significant improvements. Any sound owner would recognize that for a club always in the FL, being 6 points off going out of it for the first time in the club’s history despite a much improved management situation is a pretty good indication better players are needed. Not some non league lads.

Just because theyve come from non league dosent mean there worse. The new lad today looked a far better footballer than middleton who came from a league side.

And are you saying that the second half capitulation was aspos fault? I'm pretty sure he said at half time 'keep it tight for the first 10 mins as they'll come at us'. Only blame today has to be attributed to the players

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Yes I am

We're all obviously disappointed but these sort of problems have been with us for ages and it'll take Aspo time to sort them. Hammering Pugh is pointless because he isn't a left back plus his legs have 'gone', we need a proper left back but I'm worried Aspo isn't being backed to afford proper experience.

We have needed a left back for years now the problem now is we need a goalkeeper who can dominate is area and help the defenders Boot fails in all that aspect.If we play with 2 holding midfielders we have to be sure they do there job all the match and not run out of steam after 50 mins.We also need a commanding centre back a bit like Bikey or a Bob Hazell cause believe me smith has gone back in the last 12 months and last but not least we have now got 5 strikers on the books but only play one from the start of every match against all opposition if we cannot defend attack teams like we did with luton starting with colchester next week.

No. However the reality is the squad has needed reinforcements at first team, starting line up level. Aspin stated he wanted to keep Gunning but lost him over money. Money which is Smurf’s responsibility.

It isn’t just today. We are struggling in league 2, even with Aspos significant improvements. Any sound owner would recognize that for a club always in the FL, being 6 points off going out of it for the first time in the club’s history despite a much improved management situation is a pretty good indication better players are needed. Not some non league lads.

I agree with some of that but does my head in people thinking Gunning was anything other average, granted he put in a good shift but if Vale go down are we really gonna put it down to the fact Smurf refused pay over the odds for Gavin fecking Gunning? Get a grip

People forget that we were garbage with Gunning in the team at the start of the season. We are still garbage now.

I can’t understand how we can have a team that in so polar opposite. We were great against Colchester, Carlisle, Luton and Coventry. But we’ve been absolutely awful against Forest Green, Yeovil and Accrington (2nd half).

All we had to do in the 2nd half is come out and keep hold of the ball in the middle third of the pitch but we never seem to do this when we are winning. We seem to fall apart when we are a goal or 2 ahead. I don’t know why.

I agree with some of that but does my head in people thinking Gunning was anything other average, granted he put in a good shift but if Vale go down are we really gonna put it down to the fact Smurf refused pay over the odds for Gavin fecking Gunning? Get a grip

Totally agree. This is the same gavin gunning that no club seemed to want so he ends up here. The way some on here talk, he's Franco baresi and Paulo Maldini merged into one player who can command any wage he wishes

Definetly looked a clear hand ball. When you see all the hands go up that’s a sure sign.Awful 2nd half though. We just let them walk allover us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We lost to a better side who needed a rank handball to beat us. We did show a lot of fight and some very good play too. See the doomsayers are back on here again after a few losses which is the way this league goes. Aspin was never going to turn water into wine in such a quick time but remember how far we were behind before he arrived. Win 5 more games with a draw and someone has to get 20/21 points to beat it, think Barnet already booked a place. So let’s support them not knock them! Do agree Rob Lainton should come back, he has the knowledge to organise defence in front of him. Our defence is very young apart from Pugh so need some help. People forget we lost to Notts County and Accrington with skanky goals and could and maybe should have had points in both matches. Before anyone says so yes we were bad against Yeovil.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Another thing, I've never seen a group of players at each other's throats when something goes wrong quite like ours. Especially the way some of our more experienced players lay into the kids. It doesn't look like a healthy exchange most of the time.

Apparently,according to the captain,there is a few players who have been there and done it and are still doing it.Him,Tongue,Pugh and Kay.The younger ones aren’t doing it consistently because they aren’t doing the running and getting beyond him.He must have won all of 3 headers today.One in the net ,which my 9yo grandson would have saved,and two into no man’s land.He looked 45 today.No shots again,when he had chances to do so.BTW my neck is in pain after every Vale match.We need to get the ball down and play.There is little or no movement.If players can’t pass to each other and keep it on the floor,they need replacing.

Apparently,according to the captain,there is a few players who have been there and done it and are still doing it.Him,Tongue,Pugh and Kay.The younger ones aren’t doing it consistently because they aren’t doing the running and getting beyond him.He must have won all of 3 headers today.One in the net ,which my 9yo grandson would have saved,and two into no man’s land.He looked 45 today.No shots again,when he had chances to do so.BTW my neck is in pain after every Vale match.We need to get the ball down and play.There is little or no movement.If players can’t pass to each other and keep it on the floor,they need replacing.

Spot On!I'm getting sick of the lack of playing the ball on the ground ,at a high tempo,to the constant hoofing it to Tom .Recent teams have sussed us out as they've had giants of central defenders limiting us to very few chances as it is bread and butter to them.The static play from Vale is scary at times.

Our so called full backs continually leave the opponents wingers in acres of space so we will always get hammered down the flanks. The full backs then just back off back pedalling and allow crosses to penetrate the centre of defence. For years now, when Dickinson and even Gunning were here we did exactly the same and were punished time after time. This plus the fact we have an awful midfield simply mean we are under pressure against anyone.

Archived