onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

Pv1973 I respect your opinion but I disagree. If you are correct why don't Vale have wide men then that sit wide and have 30 to 40 yards constantly in front of them? We allow every side to attack us down the wings by leaving said 30 to 40 yards space. Irrespective of my gripe I trust you agree that Aspin now HAS to drop Pugh. His legs have gone, he can't tackle and his passing is atrocious. We could all see why Coleman told his team to massacre him. Sorry Pugh for me you are no full back. Before anyone accuses me of scapegoating please ask yourselves honestly what he's offered Vale for the last few games?

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Pv1973 I respect your opinion but I disagree. If you are correct why don't Vale have wide men then that sit wide and have 30 to 40 yards constantly in front of them? We allow every side to attack us down the wings by leaving said 30 to 40 yards space. Irrespective of my gripe I trust you agree that Aspin now HAS to drop Pugh. His legs have gone, he can't tackle and his passing is atrocious. We could all see why Coleman told his team to massacre him. Sorry Pugh for me you are no full back. Before anyone accuses me of scapegoating please ask yourselves honestly what he's offered Vale for the last few games?

We don’t really play a formation that allows our wingers to just sit wide and wait for the ball. Notice how they stayed wide and brought in midfield runners, we can’t do that because we don’t have the legs in midfield. When a winger gets the ball you rarely see any full back go steaming in to challenge them, because if they get too tight they just get the ball played around them, so they try to close the space in behind them or jockey looking for the chance to nick it or try to force the winger back or get a block in.

Agree on Pugh, they targeted that side as a weakness and got in a lot down there. Personally I think that’s our weak side.

We lost to a better side who needed a rank handball to beat us. We did show a lot of fight and some very good play too. See the doomsayers are back on here again after a few losses which is the way this league goes. Aspin was never going to turn water into wine in such a quick time but remember how far we were behind before he arrived. Win 5 more games with a draw and someone has to get 20/21 points to beat it, think Barnet already booked a place. So let’s support them not knock them! Do agree Rob Lainton should come back, he has the knowledge to organise defence in front of him. Our defence is very young apart from Pugh so need some help. People forget we lost to Notts County and Accrington with skanky goals and could and maybe should have had points in both matches. Before anyone says so yes we were bad against Yeovil.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Ha ha, if you regard my post as that of a doomsayer , then there is no hope for us. I was merely pointing out what I saw , and it was night and day between the first and second half. If Kay’s header had gone in , we’d all be happy with a point tonight. Funny old game. I think we’ll stay up , as there are worse teams around us , but a win at home next week would ease my mind for a start. Survival was always going to be the agenda. Aspin will achieve that , and then we can all breathe again, but not just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The typical Vale shambles of second half from us. Never felt comfortable even at 2-0 up. I had a feeling that something would go wrong as soon as Coleman walked on to the pitch to intimidate the referee at half time. The ref bought it.

Coleman and all his staff. That was very unimpressive behaviour and sadly, the ref bought it. We got nowt out of him second half.

All their goals came down our left hand side, which suggests they had identified that as our weak area. Pugh had probably his poorest game for us. Worrall could have had us out of sight by HT though - he had a great one on one with the keeper and dallied long enough to allow a defender to disposses him. He then snatched at a shot at an open goal with the keeper nowhere to be seen and put it wide.

They have a new scoreboard at Accy. It cost them £20,000. Looks very pretty but it would have been nice if they had spent the money on some decent toilet facilities in the away end. Or even on some floodlights that gave off more of a glow than a 60 watt bulb - that might even have allowed the ref to see that blatant handball!

Coleman and all his staff. That was very unimpressive behaviour and sadly, the ref bought it. We got nowt out of him second half.

All their goals came down our left hand side, which suggests they had identified that as our weak area. Pugh had probably his poorest game for us. Worrall could have had us out of sight by HT though - he had a great one on one with the keeper and dallied long enough to allow a defender to disposses him. He then snatched at a shot at an open goal with the keeper nowhere to be seen and put it wide.

They have a new scoreboard at Accy. It cost them £20,000. Looks very pretty but it would have been nice if they had spent the money on some decent toilet facilities in the away end. Or even on some floodlights that gave off more of a glow than a 60 watt bulb - that might even have allowed the ref to see that blatant handball!

Their "ground" is truly appaling in every way. Floodlights....my backside. They surely are not up to league standard? Toilets were the worst I've ever experienced. Floor in gents is about to collapse. Ceiling coming down. Massive risk if there was a fire or alarm as no one could get in and out together. Also I understand from some fans their "seating" in away section wasn't fit for a midget let alone any adult. The mind boggles as to how such a poorly attended Club, only 1200 home fans today, can exist and also attract good young players. Good luck to them but thank God I only have to visit that ground once a season! Maybe not next if they continue to have refs in their pocket.

Guest TommyMac

Just watched the goals and can't believe their forwards had the time and space to pick out unmarked colleagues inside our penalty box. Pugh is a liability as any winger who can run will skin him every time. He probably looks good in training but then he only has to mark Christian 'can't be arsed' Montano and David 'never beat a man in my life' Worrall.

Just watched the goals and can't believe their forwards had the time and space to pick out unmarked colleagues inside our penalty box. Pugh is a liability as any winger who can run will skin him every time. He probably looks good in training but then he only has to mark Christian 'can't be arsed' Montano and David 'never beat a man in my life' Worrall.

Roy Sproson, commentator twice said that Whitfield is offence minded and not defensive minded and does not get back down the left to help Pugh. Surely another defender could have given help to Pugh as it was obvious that he was being beaten by lack of pace and was the main source of danger to the Vales goal.

Well was a fabulous day not long got in .

The match well if they are going up which i suspect they are then we wont be far behind them .

Boot had nothing to do all game yet conceded 3 goals from there only decent efforts at goal ,one of them the hand of god and if ruled out well its a different game as we would have still being 2-1 in the lead and they may have being getting desperate instead they go on win a game which over the 90 should have being a draw at best for them .

I encouraged them like crazy first half and we ok at times were stretched but we were generally solid .

Second half we gave them all the impetus and u dont do that against good sides ,u kick ,u do the basics well and not give them any space .

Do not like single players out but Danny Pugh and Nathan Smith were no where near there men on goals 1/3and the second one did one of players miscue the ball before the ref and player who cheated came into play .

We hit the bar and continued to plug away and for a team near the bottom of league 2 deserved better .

Hannant did well .

Wilson was very poor when he came off the bench .

All in all a good day ok we lost but thats football u win some u lose some .

Anybody who has being today will see there is not much difference between top and bottom of this league .

Im bitterly disappointed we lost no team should ever lose a game they are winning 2-0 .

But thats what happens when i go away .

Well was a fabulous day not long got in .

The match well if they are going up which i suspect they are then we wont be far behind them .

Boot had nothing to do all game yet conceded 3 goals from there only decent efforts at goal ,one of them the hand of god and if ruled out well its a different game as we would have still being 2-1 in the lead and they may have being getting desperate instead they go on win a game which over the 90 should have being a draw at best for them .

I encouraged them like crazy first half and we ok at times were stretched but we were generally solid .

Second half we gave them all the impetus and u dont do that against good sides ,u kick ,u do the basics well and not give them any space .

Do not like single players out but Danny Pugh and Nathan Smith were no where near there men on goals 1/3and the second one did one of players miscue the ball before the ref and player who cheated came into play .

We hit the bar and continued to plug away and for a team near the bottom of league 2 deserved better .

Hannant did well .

Wilson was very poor when he came off the bench .

All in all a good day ok we lost but thats football u win some u lose some .

Anybody who has being today will see there is not much difference between top and bottom of this league .

Im bitterly disappointed we lost no team should ever lose a game they are winning 2-0 .

But thats what happens when i go away .

I agree with all of that. Good analysis that is.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Roy Sproson, commentator twice said that Whitfield is offence minded and not defensive minded and does not get back down the left to help Pugh. Surely another defender could have given help to Pugh as it was obvious that he was being beaten by lack of pace and was the main source of danger to the Vales goal.

It was as hard to see what happened on the goals seeing as they were at the opposite end and so I stuck radio stoke on when I got in the car. Sproson was scathing on Gibbons for the second, saying he got skinned. Yet having seen the goals tonight the ball again came down the left, Anderson had a chance to clear it and sliced it and if Kee hadn’t handballed it in we’d be praising Gibbons for the block that was taking the ball away from him. They really exploited our left hand side today.

And on the subject of Whitfield we are carrying him and have been for a few games now. We just aren’t clicking going forward, and like I said last week, with Kay and Tonge in that midfield it really puts the emphasis on the other midfielders and forwards to put a shift in. If any of them are misfiring then we’ll steuggle up front. That left is a real problem going forward too and again we saw the majority of our threat come down our right hand side today.

Roy Sproson?I think you mean PhilUnless the statue has been doing a Bill Bell and talking from the grave,as it's happened before at Vale

His decisions becaming increasingly bizarre as the second half wore on.

It got to the stage where our players were being punished for challenging for headers.

Archived