onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Notts County

Fosse69

You don't half read some rubbish on here. Legge was stood on the line. We tried to slow down the free kick by standing next to the ball. It failed. Get over it. Whitfield was rubbish, did I actually read this? Dodds for Whitfield? Ben was knackered at the time and playing out wide. So reasonable. Dodds had a shot that was blocked by a hand and a reasonable shout for a penno.

What is it with you people? Moan moan moan moan. Four matches eight points. Just shut up and get behind the bloody team. (we were too attacking, too defensive today, answers on a postcard to Mr N. Aspin).

We are a bog standard lower L2 club player wise.

Get your heads around it. It is not hard. And it was an entertaining game moaners. As it was last week.

You alright hun?

Its fairly overwhelmingly positive on here.

Dodds for Whitfield for me was bizarre as you're trading our only pacy attacker for a bloke with little pace but needs pace around him.

Advert

Like last season we struggle to break down the lower sides because Aspin makes them seem like Real Madrid and sets us up not to lose instead of going at them.

At home it should be Whitfield ,Pope and Miller up front instead of playing 6 centre backs with Joyce and Vassell in the back 6. Thought we didn’t use Clarke enough on the right side to attack their poor left back instead of hoofing it up to Popewho was getting battered by their centre backs.

I thought that was one of our better performances this season, really enjoyed it.

Slightly disappointing that we didn’t win.

Disagreed with the sponsors motm, I thought Pope had a poor game, stand out players for me were Smith, Whitfield and Vassell.

I won't have a go at Dodds. But I am right with you re Kanu. I think he needs to start getting some serious time because he may be our best player full stop.

Yes think Kanu was part of the deal for Miller and Aspin didn’t really want him.

Also it doesn’t seem that Aspin doesn’t like to play with wingers.

Rather hoof it up to Pope from midfield.

Kanu would have been a much better choice than Dodds.

Yes think Kanu was part of the deal for Miller and Aspin didn’t really want him.

Also it doesn’t seem that Aspin doesn’t like to play with wingers.

Rather hoof it up to Pope from midfield.

Kanu would have been a much better choice than Dodds.

If it doesn’t seem like Aspo doesn’t like to play with wingers, that must mean he does like to.

I thought that was one of our better performances this season, really enjoyed it.

Slightly disappointing that we didn’t win.

Disagreed with the sponsors motm, I thought Pope had a poor game, stand out players for me were Smith, Whitfield and Vassell.

I’d add Joyce to that trio.Probably his best game for the Vale.

I dread to think where'd be without the Pontiff he single handedly drags us up by our boot laces
And to think that many scoffed when he came back home to us. It sums up just how little many people know about football.

I believe had Tom not been pushed out of Port Vale the club that he loves as much as anyone on here, we would still be in L1.

I just wish the bloke could play for us forever because when we lose him I fear it will be the end of our league status if the present owner remains in situ.

Swings and roundabouts really what with last week, but you’ve got to finish off teams like that.

You can see why Notts have been struggling, given the amount of chances they give away. We usually struggle to find time and space in the final third but today we didn’t have to work hard at all.

Always nice to see their keeper being made to regret running the full length of the pitch to celebrate their goal.

We still need *something else* going forward. Maybe a striker with some pace and/or a brain.

You keep wishing Santa but if we did get one the evil one would soon sell him off to the highest bidder.

I thought it was a vastly improved performance, but something is stopping me getting too enthused as County proved today why find themselves in the position they are, as all over the pitch they looked a poor side, but at least we actually looked like scoring for a change.

Whits to me was my MOM (closely followed by Clarke) and I thought he had a great game, though in my eyes his performance proved he is clearly a winger and not a CF. In contrast, was it just me, but I also thought Pope had another poor game,disguised somewhat by his more than his timely equaliser, but I guess demonstrating perfectly why we need him out on the pitch even if he plays badly.

The thing that will hurt Aspin most I would imagine though, were the goals we let in, especially the second, what the fukc is it with us and set pieces, in fact if we defend like that next week it's quite scary what a team like Sunderland may do to us.

But any last minute goal, especially if it earns a point, always feels good, so like many, I actually left the ground quite happy, it's only now once reflection has been had, that I feel gutted we haven't won and like most question how the hell we didn't

Yes it was just you! Without the bloke I fear that we would never win a game.

And to think that many scoffed when he came back home to us. It sums up just how little many people know about football.

No it doesn't, it means people have different opinions. When Pope first came back he spent practically all game waving his arms around and moaning at his teammates. He wasn't scoring and didn't look like scoring.

No-one could have foreseen his dramatic improvement (unless you ''know much about football'') of course.

Entertaining game, particularly second half.

Conlon has a lovely first touch, makes space readily, looks a very decent player.

Joyce also did well after a quiet start. Reads the game well, spots danger quickly, I like it when he moves the ball quickly.

Whitfield was excellent, won several battles where he had no right to.

I like the look of Vassell. Good control and distribution. Solid player.

Rawlinson looked elegant at centre half. Pleasantly surprised! Both he and Legge looked comfortable on the ball too…

Hannant, Pope usual consistent performances. Smith did what he does well. Clark generally excellent.

A game we should have won comfortably, we had enough chances to win several games.

Most encouraging is that we looked like a team that knew what they are about.

The negative was the two gaols conceded. Both soft, the second with no Vale player anywhere near to the scorer!!

Archived