onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

RW Gig?

Caroline Oakes

Advert

If not a gig how about a benefit match. Robbie and maybe some ex players could play in that. Maybe have some kind of competition so average vale fan could get a chance to play, £10 a ticket could make a nice little earner for the club. Just a thought

HOW ABOUT BOTH?.... Do we have to be limited to just one project?

I went to the same school as him. When he was making it we had Central News and Midlands Today in filming asking pupils (including my girlfriend) about the support he had given to the Vale all off the back of wearing his Vale kit on tour all over the world. I'm sure the club would testify to the rediculous amount of merchandise they sold to non-Vale fans from 1' date='000s of miles away.[/quote']

I was in the same class as John Wilkes ? The fact is Robbie Williams has not done enough to help pvfc neither has Phil Taylor.just my opinion.

When will we ever get rid of this little port vale mentality.

It's not about being little Port Vale, it's about having a sense of perspective and keeping at least one foot in the real world.

See my above post.

People seem to think you can throw these things together in a matter of weeks and it's all hunky dory. I've had some, although limited experience, of how the music industry and gigs work, and believe me when I say that this is an absolute no-starter.

Sorry if this offends those who wish to walk around with their head in the clouds thinking that a RW gig will cure all our ills, but it quite simply won't.

That's the truth and I'm sorry if it hurts.

Typical Vale fan mentality, it maybe realistic but let's aim high for once. That could be our Plan B x

Why not both?

A weekend of events in May or June.

Music and other events on the Saturday for the girlies and anyone that likes his blinding tunes followed by a Vale match with old stars and celebs playing a current first team 11 on the Sunday for the fans.

Something for everyone.

It's not about being little Port Vale, it's about having a sense of perspective and keeping at least one foot in the real world.

See my above post.

People seem to think you can throw these things together in a matter of weeks and it's all hunky dory. I've had some, although limited experience, of how the music industry and gigs work, and believe me when I say that this is an absolute no-starter.

Sorry if this offends those who wish to walk around with their head in the clouds thinking that a RW gig will cure all our ills, but it quite simply won't.

Nobody said anything about weeks, we can do it anytime this summer or even next summer.

So long as plans are in place and the council and creditors can see potential significant revenue streams even if it's only a one off.

See my above post.

It doesnt hurt at all.... whats the problem with a few fans trying and a few more trying something else and a few more etc etc etc

It doesnt hurt at all.... whats the problem with a few fans trying and a few more trying something else and a few more etc etc etc

When I'm at work we call it brainstorming - though I hate all the buzz word crap to be honest.

Think its great that we are discussing events / innovations that will / could hopefully have the same positive outcome. i sense things are changing for the good!!

Ach, the question you should ask RW is, do you have the kit available at hand, which isn't going to cost you to put on a show? My guess he doesn't.

Some people here are starting to get as desperate as the board by screaming out for hand outs to firefight the short term.

The only way PVFC will survive for future generations is to not spend more money that comes in. Not Rocket science is it?

;)

Seriously if the SC think it's an idea worth testing any help you need let me know and I will fully support you with this.

Thank-you, got quite a few contacts close to RW (via his dad) but I will seek guidance from the SC, but I do think we should try. The council would be hypocritical if it didn't give us a one off entertainment licence. I don't want them finding investors as I don't trust Pratt & Co to stay away!

Archived