onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Decent point in the end.  Would have taken that after 70 mins.

Decent comeback but definitely not a decent point. They were absolutely shocking and there for a hiding had we played anything like to our full potential.

We need Hall at the back to add some height if nothing else. I'd put him in ahead of Jones. I'm not and will never be a fan of Conlon/Garrity as a two in midfield. One is playing really poorly and the other is either an attacking midfielder or nothing. We need Walker or Pett in there with them (Ojo when he returns) which means going 4-3-3. Politic again showed why he shouldn't be starting games. Butterworth looked miles better in that position. Worrall in ahead of Massey.

Take a point from where we were at half time. Keep plugging away and picking up points and Vale will be OK.

Butterworth changed the game for me, neat, tidy player who knits the team together. He should start every week. Conlon keeps plugging away to rediscover his pre-injury form, hope he gets there.

A point in the end is very welcome, but that shouldn’t paper over the cracks of the majority of that performance, both collectively and also some individuals too. Just listening to radio stoke on the way home and a caller said we need players playing for the shirt and playing with some tempo. I totally agree with that at the moment, we have no tempo and we also have no identity of how we play. That formation does not accommodate politic, it didn’t work last season when we tried it either. Which to me means we have to have another way to get the best out of those kind of players. It makes my wonder why a winger would sign for us given how Clarke likes to play. Theres a lot that we need to take and learn from that game. 

Archived