onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

5 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Who is this div “Lee” on Radio Joke?? He does realise that 1) FGR won L2 last year and we finished 5th indicating it wasn’t a give me and 2) they have a wealthy benefactor who bankrolls some very good players??? Absolutely stupid comments, bore off.

Yes, I don't know why they are near the bottom. They do have some good players. But once we got stuck in during the last 30 mins their keeper saved them. Maybe they gas every week. 

Conlon is way off 
He's either nowhere near fit or not good enough for League one. I'll get my tin hat after that comment. 
As I posted pre match, we simply are incapable of keeping a clean sheet. 
A welcome point given the 0-2 head start .
Agree completely. I'd have taken 4 points from 2 games before the Derby game though.

I was actually quite appalled at that performance. We played at such a slow tempo and barely seemed bothered until the 75th minute. If we played like we did for the last 15 all match that would have been 4-0 or more. Instead we salvaged a draw. The bright point for me is that when we played well were better than a side who overall were better than us last season. 

Didn't think the line up was right from the off. There are no cheap points in this league. We were done from the set pieces and shows we are quite small as a team.
The guy who sits next to me shouted for handball for the penalty a while before the ref gave it. I missed the Smith foul but if the ref had given even a yellow the player would have been off with the yellow in the second half.
They were a horrible side and must be horrible to watch week in week out. We just couldn't cope but the subs changed it and we could have won it (and lost it) in the end.

Great point in the end. Left with 12 mins to go as I just could not see a goal coming, more fool me. So got to commend the spirit in the boys.

Bit of a weird game. They did absolutely zilch (though I understand Wickham missed a sitter at the end) and our inability to defend two freekicks in virtually the same area albeit opposite sides of the pitch saw us 0-2 down. Simple as then. It becomes a different game then, they took the sh!thousing to a whole new level, stop-start (their trainer will feel like he’s run a marathon later) and basically doing everything to run the clock down. It would have been very difficult to drop anyone after last week, but it is hard to imagine conceding those goals with Hall on, as they did look a really big side.

I side before the game the midfield was a worry and so it proved. Not enough to energy or creativity and with them getting numbers behind the ball resulted in us going backwards, sideways then long with high turnover of possession.

A couple of players disappointed today. Politic was non-existent and it’s hard to make a case for him starting the next game; Massey just doesn’t do enough for me and goes missing; Conlon continues to frustrate and whilst better just isn’t creative enough for this level as he slows play even more by checking back to pick a pass. I thought McCarron looked lively but needs to improve his decision-making.

Good point come the final whistle especially given FGR’s antics but work to do for us.

BTW @Brian Johnson you’ve not said why you disagreed with my pre-match 2-2 prediction??!

1 hour ago, arthurdog said:

Certain players are just not good enough at this level. They've not been able to step up

Conlon has never played at league 1 before except 1 game at Peterborough. Firmly a league 2 player and I fear it may be too late for him to develop into a top league 1 guy. Doesn’t think fast enough with the ball.

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Great point in the end. Left with 12 mins to go as I just could not see a goal coming, more fool me. So got to commend the spirit in the boys.

Bit of a weird game. They did absolutely zilch (though I understand Wickham missed a sitter at the end) and our inability to defend two freekicks in virtually the same area albeit opposite sides of the pitch saw us 0-2 down. Simple as then. It becomes a different game then, they took the sh!thousing to a whole new level, stop-start (their trainer will feel like he’s run a marathon later) and basically doing everything to run the clock down. It would have been very difficult to drop anyone after last week, but it is hard to imagine conceding those goals with Hall on, as they did look a really big side.

I side before the game the midfield was a worry and so it proved. Not enough to energy or creativity and with them getting numbers behind the ball resulted in us going backwards, sideways then long with high turnover of possession.

A couple of players disappointed today. Politic was non-existent and it’s hard to make a case for him starting the next game; Massey just doesn’t do enough for me and goes missing; Conlon continues to frustrate and whilst better just isn’t creative enough for this level as he slows play even more by checking back to pick a pass. I thought McCarron looked lively but needs to improve his decision-making.

Good point come the final whistle especially given FGR’s antics but work to do for us.

BTW @Brian Johnson you’ve not said why you disagreed with my pre-match 2-2 prediction??!

I was joking by saying you were fibbing when you said that your not joking. It was a joke.

I agree with everything you put above apart from the shithousing. Every team does it including Vale

Let's face it we didn't play well for 75 mins and still managed to get a point.  I'm not a conlon hater like some on here but why he was kept on for 90mins + I'm not sure.  But onwards and upwards look forward to the next game  UTV

Why are people who are questioning TC 'Conlon haters'? He's been awful this season. That's fact. Nobody hates the guy. He's just shown zero quality that suggests he's up to L1 level. The fitness excuse will only last so long, as he's played more than enough games now to get match fit.

Archived