onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

We were dreadful until the 70th minute. Thought McCarron was atrocious, Politic and Conlon were also very poor, and Jones defensively was fine but his distribution was diabolical. Massey also didn’t do much until later in the game. I’d like to see Benning and Worrall back in, think Butterworth offered far more than Politic but against Cambridge I’d like a proper 3 in midfield. And I imagine Conlon will keep his place but he needs to buck his ideas up as he was terrible.

Advert

12 minutes ago, corbanlovesvale said:

Let's face it we didn't play well for 75 mins and still managed to get a point.  I'm not a conlon hater like some on here but why he was kept on for 90mins + I'm not sure.  But onwards and upwards look forward to the next game  UTV

Saying our captain has been pretty crap this season so far doesn't make you a "hater". Everyone here would like him to start performing, I'm pretty sure.

How I saw it, as I said at ht. both the free kicks from which they scored weren’t even fouls.

their player should have been sent off for the kick on Smith.

Mc Carron was one of the better players first half.

didnt see what the penalty was for, but obviously will take it.

Should have had a penalty first half but instead, the ref gave a corner 

First time I can remember Smith getting subbed off.

How I saw it, as I said at ht. both the free kicks from which they scored weren’t even fouls.
That 'penalty' in the first half was by far the worst dive I've ever seen. Saw it clear as day. I'm surprised it wasn't a booking to be honest

2 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Interesting how people see games differently. What did you see McCarron do well? Not having a go I am genuinely curious. I thought he was awful. Lost the ball several times, did nothing going forwards, was messing about with the free kick he gave away instead of just putting the ball out. I’d be very disappointed to see him start over Benning next week.

3 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Interesting how people see games differently. What did you see McCarron do well? Not having a go I am genuinely curious. I thought he was awful. Lost the ball several times, did nothing going forwards, was messing about with the free kick he gave away instead of just putting the ball out. I’d be very disappointed to see him start over Benning next week.

He needs to be very good with being a Stoke <ovf censored>. He's not though. Robinson has always played well when give a chance, why are we not giving our own youngsters a go?

FG’s cheating and time wasting got them exactly what they deserved in the end.

Rescuing a point can’t gloss over a crap performance against a genuinely dire side. 

Same old overplaying ourselves back to the halfway line from a dangerous position. Conlon, Massey and Garrity should be embarrassed when they watch it back and see how many times Wilson had to drop deep in frustration to try and create something.

What does Robinson have to do to play? It’s bewildering. McCarran and Cass were poor. Where are Charsley and Benning?

Butterworth should be the second name on the team sheet behind Wilson.

Haven’t seen it back, don’t really want to, but the live view I got of the goals makes me think Stevens should be particularly disappointed with the second. 

Officials as mind boggling as ever. Not going to go into it as it’s just going to raise my blood pressure.

Could have won it. Should have won it. We need to be beating sides like that. Aimless no look hoofs straight out of touch or 40 yards away from the nearest Vale forward, and mind numbing sideways…sideways…drag it back to the centre half…sideways again football isn’t going to get us very far. 

3 minutes ago, Powerline said:

He was very lively, took players on, went past a few and was one of the few, first half, that were at least trying.

Cant disagree with much that has been said. We are dreadful for a good hour. I'll give Clarke some credit that the subs changed the game- all 5 of them made an impact.

Agree with Conlon, awful today and has struggled all season.

McCarron looks massively out of his depth. Thought he was poor last week and even worse today. Just a nothing player.

It also confirmed for me today that Worrall is a much better bet than Massey at RWB. With Worrall you know he's going to get a ball in, without necessarily beating his man. Massey just seems to arse around with it for too long.

Motm for me was probably Harrison if for work ethic alone and his penalty was composed given how long he had to wait to take it.

He needs to be very good with being a Stoke . He's not though. Robinson has always played well when give a chance, why are we not giving our own youngsters a go?
Robinson is a strange one. Always played very well when given a chance. Certainly should be ahead of Massey on recent performances, and Worrall too

Archived