onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

13 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

It also confirmed for me today that Worrall is a much better bet than Massey at RWB. With Worrall you know he's going to get a ball in, without necessarily beating his man. Massey just seems to arse around with it for too long.

Worrall didn’t look very happy after the match. Took his shin pads off and walked straight down the tunnel.

Id be unhappy as well being on the subs bench most of the match when it is so obvious players just aren’t performing and getting picked instead on me. 

Worrall didn’t look very happy after the match. Took his shin pads off and walked straight down the tunnel.
Id be unhappy as well being on the subs bench most of the match when it is so obvious players just aren’t performing and getting picked instead on me. 
To be fair, Massey probably felt exactly the same way when he was on the bench and Worrall was starting. None of our WBs have covered themselves in glory this season so far. Robinson has looked the best of the lot by far IMHO

Harrison won almost everything that was put his way and he harried their defence all game. Was my MOM. Sorry to disagree with some fellow Valiants but to me Mc Carron was absolutely dire. Yes he tried, but looked totally out of his depth. Far too many players again had a collective poor day. We need an outstanding, commanding midfielder in to control games because frankly we are so short in there. All that said we salvaged a point so my wine glass is half full tonight. Finally what a vile, time wasting, referee baiting, let's fall over EVERY time we lose the ball bunch of crap Forest Green are. No wonder only a handful of fans are prepared to support them. Get relegated you horrible spoilers. VTID.

Almost feel like treading on eggshells given the Lard connection but I'm sorry McCarron is woeful. As someone said he's a nothing player .

What did Benning do so disastrously wrong against Sheff wed to not even be in the squad ?

Baffled by the omission but he won't be the last to mysteriously vanish as others have also suffered the same fate. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I was joking by saying you were fibbing when you said that your not joking. It was a joke.

I agree with everything you put above apart from the shithousing. Every team does it including Vale

TBF - I did think the game was gone at HT and at 77 mins hence my early exit @WV as we never looked like scoring that 2nd half up to that point. But if you can’t defend set-plays at this level you won’t win games. 

I disagree on the sh!thousing, the play acting was shocking. There were two occasions in the 2nd half when first Jones (by the Paddock) and the Massey (by Lorne St) both when in for genuine 50/50 challenges with they won fair and square and both their players initially reacted like their legs had been broken, but when the ref simply allowed play to continue they jumped up right as rain. They have to find a way of stamping this out as it is literally ruining the game.

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, darren1810 said:
Conlon is way off 
He's either nowhere near fit or not good enough for League one. I'll get my tin hat after that comment. 
As I posted pre match, we simply are incapable of keeping a clean sheet. 
A welcome point given the 0-2 head start .

Agree completely. I'd have taken 4 points from 2 games before the Derby game though.

But not sure I’d have taken 4 after the derby game. Derby was brilliant but we didn’t turn up at all today 

6 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Harrison won almost everything that was put his way and he harried their defence all game. Was my MOM. Sorry to disagree with some fellow Valiants but to me Mc Carron was absolutely dire. Yes he tried, but looked totally out of his depth. Far too many players again had a collective poor day. We need an outstanding, commanding midfielder in to control games because frankly we are so short in there. All that said we salvaged a point so my wine glass is half full tonight. Finally what a vile, time wasting, referee baiting, let's fall over EVERY time we lose the ball bunch of crap Forest Green are. No wonder only a handful of fans are prepared to support them. Get relegated you horrible spoilers. VTID.

Ojo is a big loss.

With the emphasis we put on long term recruitment planning, I'm hoping January is already 90% set up for a few more Legge/Hall style swaps.

I think that Darrell got his team wrong today, but at least he rescued it with the sub's. Politic has never had a good game when starting, and Conlon sadly doesn't seem to have it in him to make the jump up to league 1 and our midfield was understandably poor today.

FGR looked like giants compared to our defence and took two free headers which were pretty much the only chances they had.  Credit to their keeper for a great save when it looked like we had got the winner.

The next home game is Ipswich and if we can get a point off them I'd be delighted.

11 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Terrible today against one of the worst teams in the league. McCarron and Politic should be a million miles from the starting eleven on today's performance.

I’ve been a big advocate of politic starting but he was crap today. Granted he’s playing out of position as he Dosent fit into 352. Mccarron was really poor, as one footed a player as I’ve seen. Dreadful signing, literally makes no sense he was woeful today and before people come at me saying I’m negative, if you went to the game I’m sure you agree. 

Archived