onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

Have that you time-wasting, play-acting, cardboard-chewing, hillside-inhabiting, revolting shirt-wearing, six-fingered twats! So glad to deny them victory with their antics. I hope they go down and never come back.     
Why hold back? Say what you really think man

Feels like (not for the first time this season) we’ve come away with more questions than answers about team selection.

Pitch was dire as well. Both teams had their best spell when they stopped trying to play football on it. How much short term pain do we need to go through?

2 minutes ago, Santa said:

Feels like (not for the first time this season) we’ve come away with more questions than answers about team selection.

Pitch was dire as well. Both teams had their best spell when they stopped trying to play football on it. How much short term pain do we need to go through?

Speed out. Oh hang on.........

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Politic is an enigma . Rarely does it when starts but because of his impact as a sub he then forces his way into the team and rightly so. Only to be anonymous on a few occasions now. 

Who'd be a manager 

Mipo should be in the team for me. He's a goal scorer and keeps the height of the team up. That said Butterfield played well. But dribblers in our team have to wait for opponents to tire before being effective?

By the way I wouldn't be so harsh on Conlon as some. He did move the ball and he did show to take it off the defenders. I think he can step up successfully to this level over a whole season. 

Personally, I think Politic’s strength is taking people on, it’s more effective against tired defenders and when he starts, if it doesn’t work a couple of times the defenders are in the box seat. Same with McCarron. To be fair, might be a similar story with starting Mipo or Butterworth in the long run. Whereas, if a defence has been playing against Ellis for 70+ minutes, they’re well and truly softened up and we don’t even give them respite by taking him off.

Ok for what it's worth ...I thought FGR set up to strangle the game, smother it if you like, I said the first goal would be pivotal and McCarrons mistake of trying to play out instead of finding Hamil Rd really cost us because that allowed them to suck the life out of the game, their second goal was well executed from the kind of free kick we can only dream about.

Over the 95 minutes we deserved to win the game the stats prove this, we were the only ones looking to get forward with any intent, as I say they smothered the game and I don't understand why the Ref. doesn't book the time wasting the first time it happens, it would send a message out and it would soon stop.

As for the Smith incident, I fail to see why that is not a red, he kicked out at him, early in the game or late in the game he should of walked.

Archived