onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

I don’t blame FGR for timewasting. As much as I find it distasteful, c’est la guerre these days. We do it. Any side in that situation would do it given half the chance.

Referees don’t have a great deal of power to clamp down on modern timewasting but as for today’s ref, the powers he did have, he didn’t use.

Advert

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

4 points from two games, thats a great return

I would have accepted 1 from Sheff Wed/Derby and 3 v FGR. Overall 4pts. Same deal. Sometimes it goes your way sometimes it doesnt. It will all balance out. 

I believe I am most pessimistic of people when it comes to Vale but on this occassion I wont be harsh on this result.

Frustrating afternoon and feels like points dropped which is a weird thing to say given we were 2-0 down.

One positive is that we showed brilliant character to never give up.

Another is Ellis Harrison… 7 in 10 and brings so much more than his goals . He must be a nightmare to play against!

KTF

UTV

8 minutes ago, Santa said:

I don’t blame FGR for timewasting. As much as I find it distasteful, c’est la guerre these days. We do it. Any side in that situation would do it given half the chance.

Referees don’t have a great deal of power to clamp down on modern timewasting but as for today’s ref, the powers he did have, he didn’t use.

When they start doing it in the first half ,the ref should clamp down ,their antics were embarrassing.

50 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Politic is an enigma . Rarely does it when starts but because of his impact as a sub he then forces his way into the team and rightly so. Only to be anonymous on a few occasions now. 

Who'd be a manager 

Both Politic and Garrat give it their all. Both are continually played "out of position" and take one for the team. DC has a job on his hands juggling the squad around. He regularly drives us fans mad with his selections and apparent " dropping " of players who have performed really well in the previous game. Clarke is his own man and to be honest us " armchair wannabe managers" need to accept he's doing a fine job. Who'd be a manager  eh?  Vale have at last assembled a squad that is getting better and giving us hope for a bright future. Bravo Clarkey  hope you can keep everyone happy as we rise up the League ladder.

20 minutes ago, aspin for england said:

When they start doing it in the first half ,the ref should clamp down ,their antics were embarrassing.

There were cards to be given out but I think the referee was too scared to give them. He’s fresh out of the conference. 

1 hour ago, Santa said:

Feels like (not for the first time this season) we’ve come away with more questions than answers about team selection.

Pitch was dire as well. Both teams had their best spell when they stopped trying to play football on it. How much short term pain do we need to go through?

Been told Speedie is now working at Stoke! He told them what to do and when with the pitch and they didn't listen. Not the time to be treating the pitch the way they are. We lack height and dominance at the back. Not enough in midfield today or wing-back. harrison superb, Wilson decent second half too. We're mid-table-ish!

3 things to take out of that game
1: We need some height in our team, all the sides in this league are full of giants
2: Can we occasionally get the ball forward quicker, surely we don't need to start every attack by playing it across our back four several times
3: FGR deserved nothing out of that game and have turned into a horrible niggly time wasting outfit, no wonder nobody watches them

Referees do have the power to tell teams to get on with it and if they ignore his warnings get em in the book it will soon stop.

1 minute ago, Vale Ball said:
47 minutes ago, Santa said:

Referees do have the power to tell teams to get on with it and if they ignore his warnings get em in the book it will soon stop.

Exactly.

4 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Been told Speedie is now working at Stoke! He told them what to do and when with the pitch and they didn't listen. Not the time to be treating the pitch the way they are. We lack height and dominance at the back. Not enough in midfield today or wing-back. harrison superb, Wilson decent second half too. We're mid-table-ish!

We were definitely shown up as being too small in our own box today. We aren't way too small but there are many very big teams in this league and I thought FG exposed us today. The chances came from mistakes in possession. I'm depressed by that but in a whole game ..... 

Archived