onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

We were definitely shown up as being too small in our own box today. We aren't way too small but there are many very big teams in this league and I thought FG exposed us today. The chances came from mistakes in possession. I'm depressed by that but in a whole game ..... 

We do look vulnerable defensively and also looked short of ideas and movement for most of the game imo. We'd be lost without Harrison. I would expect Hall to return.

Advert

Ain't seen it as away but 2-0 down with not long left drawing 2-2 and bringing a great save out of there keeper and having 63per cent possession says we should have got more out of that game .
Too concede from there only attempts on target is poor though there's players who haven't done there jobs today .
But we showed character as we do on a gamely basis .
In my opinion that's encouraging as we not going threaten the top 6/7 .
We are not a bad side at all and neither are FGR .
Keep in that middle of table Vale this season then build from there .

6 minutes ago, gags 64 said:

3 things to take out of that game
1: We need some height in our team, all the sides in this league are full of giants
2: Can we occasionally get the ball forward quicker, surely we don't need to start every attack by playing it across our back four several times
3: FGR deserved nothing out of that game and have turned into a horrible niggly time wasting outfit, no wonder nobody watches them

They've had 9 shots, 3 on target scoring 2 goals. 33% possession. Number of times feigning injury hasn't been counted but confident it exceeds shots at goal. 

I thought FG were a well drilled team who moved the ball quickly and accurately last season. They still have a good squad but seem to have appointed a dud manager.

15 minutes ago, Warren said:

We were definitely shown up as being too small in our own box today. We aren't way too small but there are many very big teams in this league and I thought FG exposed us today. The chances came from mistakes in possession. I'm depressed by that but in a whole game ..... 

extremely frustrating when we have a class defender in Hall on the bench. I can’t believe we have left him out for so many games now. 

For me Garrity ain’t playing behind the forwards as he has been very poor there this season. That said, he’s hopeless in CM and DC should take blame for playing him there. Today I wanted Garrity in that advanced role to really put pressure on them like we did last season. For me he either plays behind the forwards or not at all. In my opinion neither of the two CM that started today are league 1 standard in that position. 

29 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

extremely frustrating when we have a class defender in Hall on the bench. I can’t believe we have left him out for so many games now. 

Hall may be class but he didn’t show that class in his last few starts and was dropped after some poor performances.  Jones came in and has been one of our best players, only going off today due to injury.  On current form Jones, if fit, won’t be dropped for Hall.

I'm not going to bother reading back through pages of what will, probably, be mostly negative comments - and deservedly so! 

Yes - we were fairly awful for much of the game...but I would be embarrassed to be a FGR fan, tonight! They hit the deck even easier and for less reason then Swinedon and could...should...have had a couple sent off! As for the ref - I would be ashamed at picking up my cash for that performance. Haven't seen the penalty yet, but their GK could have been sent off for his antics before Ellis showed how little they bothered him! 

4 points from the last 2 games is a good return, though!

5 year old grandson, Zak, enjoyed his first live game! UTV VTID 

Hall may be class but he didn’t show that class in his last few starts and was dropped after some poor performances.  Jones came in and has been one of our best players, only going off today due to injury.  On current form Jones, if fit, won’t be dropped for Hall.
Spot on. No room for sentiment or clouded memories based on past performances now we're in a higher and better league. Hall will get his chance again and it's then up to him to take it. Until then, he'll have to wait for Jones or one of the other defenders to get injured or lose form.

Jones got a lot of harsh criticiem, today - yes, he gave the ball away...mostly when our midfield went missing...but he was also doing most of the work in that back line, so had the ball more often than anyone else. Another point: we were fairly awful but their GK made 3 good saves, and we hit the crossbar once or twice?

After thinking about things yes very very disappointed about the over all performance. Extremely happy with a point ! We cannot play like that against anyone and expect anything. The passing is still not as it should be and we are still far to slow to move the ball. Watching goals from league one especially Exeter and MK dons high pressing created goals for both Plymouth and Oxford some shocking defending. It is very disappointing we conceded from two set pieces certainly work to do here. We still have much to learn in this league I think we should have enough to stay up but if we are to push further we need to be much better,

Archived