onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oxford United v Port Vale

Fosse69

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

They didn’t concede 4 though? It’s clear the defence has some big issues. This hasn’t been a one off. We have conceded way too many goals so far this season. Not a one off. 

Thanks for supporting my argument. Injuries have exposed our weaknesses and IMO Stevens is a much better keeper than Aidan Stone, the news that he might be recalled is not Good!

Advert

6 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Fair doos, we're all hoping for the best, but I am genuinely trying to look at the overall picture.  It's such a tight division, in a glass half-full view we're only 5 points away from the top seven. On the other hand, we're only marginally above the bottom 4 and have one of the worst goal difference stats outside the bottom four.  You can't just dismiss the defeat kast week in the cup as it's part of the pattern and we have let in 9 goals in last 3 games. Yes, <ovf censored> happens, but recent injuries I believe, have exposed a kack of qualty depth in our current squad.

A bientôt

I wouldn’t call 3 wins “marginally”… if it is we are marginally off 4th!!!

One of those days for Vale, nothing went our way, most of the crucial decisions went for Oxford. if Harrison's header goes in at 2-0 then it's a different game.

What's important is how Vale come back but Harrison missing for the next game doesn't help. 

Defense and central midfield needs to tighten up, the opposition are finding too much space down the sides of Vale's defense (product of 3-5-2) and too much space directly in front of the defense and behind the central midfield. We haven't got a dominant defensive midfield player when  Ojo is out injured.

Disappointing result, to say the least, exposing too many of our weaknesses against a team without its two leading scorers.

At this rate we will need to bring in four or five in January, right through the spine of the team from the goalie through defence, midfield and up front. 

And we need to have a settled side, the key to consistent performances as the players gel.

It will be a long journey back for the thousand or so who made the journey and another sad weekend at home for the rest of us 🙁.

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Don’t agree. He was excellent for us especially at LWB 

I agree. He was and I wish he was still with us. I really do.

BUT, as others have said our L2 squad aren't good enough for L1 and he was unproven in L1 so to say he's the best isn't right. 

And you still can't get away from the fact he's very injury prone 

Having said all that, doesn't mean a bag of beans of what happened today. We were simply not good enough. 

It was oh so Vale.

No home win since Sept 3rd . Two strikers who couldn't buy a goal each get a brace . A defence that doesn't keep clean sheets keeps a clean sheet. 

Draw a line under a terrible day. Our goal difference is terrible though.

We simply can't continue needing to score 3 to win a game. Our defence is like a sieve. 

2 minutes ago, Osh said:

I agree. He was and I wish he was still with us. I really do.

BUT, as others have said our L2 squad aren't good enough for L1 and he was unproven in L1 so to say he's the best isn't right. 

And you still can't get away from the fact he's very injury prone 

Having said all that, doesn't mean a bag of beans of what happened today. We were simply not good enough. 

Wasn’t disagreeing re his injury record. Very injury prone like quite a few in our squad. Personally thought he was our main man at the back  

Unproven at this level yes but he’s clearly good enough and showed that for Bristol. We miss him, he suits the formation was fantastic at LWB, I’m not annoyed we let him go, I’m annoyed that we replaced him with two young lads on loan who let’s face it arent close to the level. 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Wasn’t disagreeing re his injury record. Very injury prone like quite a few in our squad.

Unproven at this level yes but he’s clearly good enough and showed that for Bristol. We miss him, he suits the formation was fantastic at LWB, I’m not annoyed we let him go, I’m annoyed that we replaced him with two young lads on loan who let’s face it arent close to the level. 

Not disagreeing with everything, but didn’t we sign Cass to replace him? 

I think it’s a tad premature to refer to us being in a relegation battle, but I understand the callers passion, especially as the game only finished less than an hour ago. The callers have made relevant points about injuries and players returning to parent clubs, which will need to be addressed in January. Surely this season is all about maintaining L1 status. 
KTF.

Archived