onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oxford United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

A few marks based on about a hr as went at 4-0 .
Stone 5 first one you do not push it out you push it round .
Forrester 6 battled away
Smith 5
Jones 5
Pett 6
Conlon 5 every time they shoot from out the area its where he as wandered off .
Benning 5
Harrison 6 should have had 2 but not his day .
Massey 5
Butterworth 6 .
Going forwards first half we deserved better but go no chance if cannot defend properly this will continue.
What a waste of a day I had to watch it sober also, gargabe .

I’m all for balance, perspective, big picture… but tonight I’m more nadsed off than a dog johnwayning its way home from the vet’s.

First goal is the result of any opponent doing minimal homework to know that 30 yards out you’ll get plenty of space so just have a go, from there Stones should push it sideways not straight in front of him and a defender should be first to the rebound - three opportunities to prevent it. Then we rally and have a go before conceding a goal that, right or wrong we spend the rest of the match feeling sorry for ourselves about.

I’m afraid I’m in “sack the manager, board, John Rudge, the tea lady bring back Askey and sack him properly this time, Lucas Covolan for president” mode tonight and I’ll hear no argument from anyone. I’m right and you can all beggar off.

Whatever happens we can’t keep shipping goals like this ! This has to be addressed quickly how many games have we conceded two or more goals ? Frightening if push comes to shove goal difference could decide a lot. So so very disappointing for the travelling Valiants they deserve much more. Come January I think we may need two keepers. 

We are a newly promoted side, hammerings will happen.

But we are in a good position in the league, so I'm calm tonight.

The most frustrating thing is knowing that neither of our keepers is capable of a clean sheet if they face a few shots.

At 4-0, Oxford only had 6 shots on target. It's been a common theme recently. If the opposition shoots on target, it tends to be a goal.

Just now, saintvaliant said:

One of those days today where nothing went right and where almost every marginal moment went Oxford’s way.

On our day we can compete at L1 level but if a couple don’t show up we become a very easy side to play though and score against. Particularly when playing a front 3. 

That bears out the thread earlier today with people happy about an attacking side. If it is attacking it is more likely to be fragile at the back.

46 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

We are a newly promoted side, hammerings will happen.

But we are in a good position in the league, so I'm calm tonight.

The most frustrating thing is knowing that neither of our keepers is capable of a clean sheet if they face a few shots.

At 4-0, Oxford only had 6 shots on target. It's been a common theme recently. If the opposition shoots on target, it tends to be a goal.

I think the standard of shooting from outside the box is much higher in this league. We have certainly been on the end of some smackers recently. But they have to be blocked or saved at the same standard of defending.

In the box we don't have a big dude whose main purpose is clear crosses. We have a whole series of players who are not bad in the air but taken altogether not good enough as a unit. I think our best defensive header is possibly Harrison.

Archived