onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Puma kit

Badboybubba

19 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

To paraphrase the coach in Golden Gordon,"It's not about shirts".... I couldn't care less what the strip looks like,sort the football is what matters.

It’s important if u like bowling round sunny stoke on trent with your colours on 

Advert

On 12/05/2023 at 14:41, Doha said:

Some more eyesores. If it is Puma and we end up with stripes it's going to be like watching Notts County.

qSlkTiq.png jEgJj9I.png fJdzjux.png jzlEkxa.png xGPh4YG.png

I have simple tastes (well my partner says I’m simple so I think that’s what they mean), so have always liked the kits that are plain (plain white home, yelow/gold away), with black trim round the neck and cuffs a la West Germany ‘66/early 70’s. Number 4 with white trim for away/third choice - it has chevrons in the colour way of the material, turn them upside down to make them into V’s. However, I’ll be happy with whatever kit sells well and allows us to get better players to put in it.

11 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

To paraphrase the coach in Golden Gordon,"It's not about shirts".... I couldn't care less what the strip looks like,sort the football is what matters.

A decent strip will likely lead to more sales, more sales means more money in the club, more money in the club means more money for the squad, more money for the squad means more chance of football getting sorted.

28 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

This is always a good site to keep an eye as new kits are revealed over the coming weeks to see what templates the manufacturers are using. 

WWW.FOOTBALLSHIRTCULTURE.COM

I really like the Juventus home shirt. (ala the Kalamazoo shirt).

3 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

A decent strip will likely lead to more sales, more sales means more money in the club, more money in the club means more money for the squad, more money for the squad means more chance of football getting sorted.

Good point, hadn't thought about it like that 👍

4 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

This is something that everyone seems to have overlooked recently. The club's financial fortunes are now largely reliant on the fanbase's investment.

It's effectively been confirmed that Carol won't be investing at the rate she has been (5m in 4 years). We're moving into self-sufficiency after 4 years of being owner-dependent. 

The fans are now the primary driver of the club's revenue, and by extension, the playing budget. A good kit launch, a good ST marketing campaign, and good communication with the fans are more important than ever - hence why I bang on about the club's poor communication in recent times. Vale fans are an incredibly reliable resource that need utilising to the absolute maximum.

18 minutes ago, Bobnewtonian said:

That’s the spirit 

I can't imagine Puma spending too long designing a Vale shirt. It'll be something from their catalogue of templates. No shirts with Vale Park on it, or away shirts that are similar to our 92 kit. Happens when all smaller teams get Nike/Adidas/Puma.

Errea actually took over the kit design for little nations like Luxembourg and Liechtenstein because they wanted to see them in bespoke shirts. Not an Adidas etc template.

I'll still buy our shirts though of course...

9 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

I can't imagine Puma spending too long designing a Vale shirt. It'll be something from their catalogue of templates. No shirts with Vale Park on it, or away shirts that are similar to our 92 kit. Happens when all smaller teams get Nike/Adidas/Puma.

Errea actually took over the kit design for little nations like Luxembourg and Liechtenstein because they wanted to see them in bespoke shirts. Not an Adidas etc template.

I'll still buy our shirts though of course...

This is exactly right. Barnsley, Peterborough etc have all had template kits this season just in different colours to suit their team. The idea behind teamwear/templates is to give fans a high profile kit manufacturer, therefore selling more merchandise, but with it being manufactured by a contractor its cheaper to have the kit than it would be to approach Puma etc directly. The downside is its only approved templates that you get, plus you have to order in bulk, so you may get a lot of training wear, socks, shorts (which people don't buy as much of), left over.

Archived