onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Decent signing, especially if we keep and get an interested Ojo, them pair in the deep lying role would be very good and give freedom to Garrity, Chislett and Curtis going forward.

Midfield if none leave of the main 5 looks about done and looks very strong for League Two level.

Big work on the defensive and striker areas to be done but promising so far.

• Like 4

Advert

20 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
1 hour ago, MBE said:
I wonder if our reported pursuit of Paton is holding us back waiting?
Yeah we are still minimum 3 players short on the assumption we play 4 at the back and every player fit. 

That would be a concern if it was, we need more than one striker so putting all our eggs in the Paton basket wouldn't be the smartest idea. There must be others out there were working on on the side.

I didn't mean it like he's the only target... other players we have lined up could be awaiting the outcome of this deal. I'd expect this deal to be a big chink of the budget, especially as a transfer fee is involved. 

Edited by MBE

21 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Midfield if none leave of the main 5 looks about done and looks very strong for League Two level.

I'm not sure we've got enough depth out wide yet.

Noah Chilvers hasn't signed a renewal at Colchester yet, he's out of contract in 12 days. 23 years old and played all 46 league games last season, some as Captain. 21 league goals in the last 3 seasons from midfield. Plays on the right but he terrorised Crewe down the left last season -

Edited by Doha
  • Like 2

I'm not sure we've got enough depth out wide yet.
Noah Chilvers hasn't signed a renewal at Colchester yet, he's out of contract in 12 days. 23 years old and played all 46 league games last season, some as Captain. 21 league goals in the last 3 seasons from midfield. Plays on the right but he terrorised Crewe down the left last season -

I'd be all over him. He's been highly rated for years.

25 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

I'd try and bring Ben Whitfield back to the club. Not sure why we let him go in the first place.

I’m against former players coming back.

Funnily enough he’s just posted this but he’s being heavily linked with Bradford but sounds like he is going to League one

IMG_1564.png

Edited by Brian Johnson
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

I'd try and bring Ben Whitfield back to the club. Not sure why we let him go in the first place.

If I remember rightly I think there were some concerns about his off the field conduct with a few other players. Often felt like he thought he was too good for lower league football after he’d spent all his time at Premier League clubs. Looks like he’s grown up and got his head on straight. He would be a good signing. I really rated him first time round. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

Good news about the second signing seems a very good lad playing for a team who got promoted .

Have Stockport released any defenders as surely, we need a leader back there or are  we just going try strengthen midfield snd forward line and keep the ball away from defence .

Work to do yet hope we can get a few more in and hopefully a few will move on .

Two very encouraging signings though so keep them coming. 

UTV 

I wouldn't mind Ash Palmer from Chesterfield (former Stockport): a big aggressive scary unit, mobile and good in the air - two promotions in last 2-3 years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vtid said:

It’s more his performances on the pitch & his attitude in games once croz was out the door that fans are talking about. And what player has ever come out & said they are pleased a manager has left 🤔😂

Tom Pope for one.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

At one point he started 20 consecutive games, in which Stockport won 14 - 12 consecutive. He was captain.

He played 36 games last season: 27 starts and 9 sub, and was out a while injured - a better return than most of our recent signings in the last couple of seasons when most players signed only played 20-odd the season prior !

34 minutes ago, Dr Phil said:

I wouldn't mind Ash Palmer from Chesterfield (former Stockport): a big aggressive scary unit, mobile and good in the air - two promotions in last 2-3 years.

For someone close to the age of 32, all his games bar 3, have been in non-league.

Once Stockport got promoted to the football-league, it wasn't long before they sent him back to non- league and sold him to Chesterfield