onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

6 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

You be careful you be upsetting them .

The Smith club .

Crikey we should be in prem by now he is that good .

Be talking about him forever more .

Let's hope if he remains a PVFC player he is not one of the better ones ,as that  means a lowly finish,maybe bottom 6  we need 10 superb players around him then he will get by with his  head everything attribute ,maybe if he reads the game better he would be in right position stop goals going in by getting rid of the  ball ain't that the job of central defender .

Oh no that will be the person who let the player cross it in not the golden one .

I actually enjoyed Lowe throwing himself at ball stopping it going in our net at times last season .

Come on ain't folk seen enough by now.

Move him on Moore.

I would be happy for smith to go if we had 3 central defenders better than him   Currently Smith is best we have which is another sad indictment of Flitcroft recruitment policy 

• Like 2

Advert

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

I’d ask the Smith detractors to explain how a guy who has won 2 player of the year awards has managed to do that whilst being too short, too slow and unable to pass, who is approaching 500 games having been consistently selected by numerous managers over the last decade?  Anyone?

No idea 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Makes me chuckle that folk have complete vibes-based judgements on Smith, as if he's a new signing.

Literally 2 years ago he played 44 times for a promotion-winning League 2 side with the 5th best defence in the league. 

He was playing in front of Lucas and Aiden Stone, and playing with the likes of the much derided Jones and Cass for half the season, as well as the maligned Martin.

We have the evidence - he's more than good enough for this level. It isn't an argument to have.

I also love that people say that he needs an experienced head to play alongside.

The same Nathan Smith that’s 28 years old and played 345 times for Vale.

Does not count being experienced?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

What's it gonna cost to get someone better than Nathan Smith and that's assuming we can.

Has done well in Lge 2, has Lge 1 experience and generally did well so expect he'll do well next season,  no brainer for me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

The Smith club .

Let's hope if he remains a PVFC player he is not one of the better ones ,as that  means a lowly finish,maybe bottom 6  we need 10 superb players around him then he will get by with his  head everything attribute ,maybe if he reads the game better he would be in right position stop goals going in by getting rid of the  ball ain't that the job of central defender .

Oh no that will be the person who let the player cross it in not the golden one .

I actually enjoyed Lowe throwing himself at ball stopping it going in our net at times last season .

Move him on Moore.

Here we go again. 🙄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

The Smith club .

Move him on Moore.

Are you still in denial?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

What's it gonna cost to get someone better than Nathan Smith and that's assuming we can.

This is the point, some people don’t realise what they’ve got right in front of their eyes. I wonder if we do players down because they’ve come through our own academy and we don’t actually appreciate how good he’s been? It’s like players from the outside must be better for some reason. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 2

Love Smudger, all that being said if we can get 2 better centre halves in the door I’d have him as back up. At the same time if we can only get one in I wouldn’t mind him starting alongside. He’s a old 28 for me & his legs are certainly going a bit nowadays. I’d be looking at 2 more seasons out of Nathan then moving him on. He’s been an incredible servant to this club & still has a part to play in trying to get another promotion with the Vale 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I’d ask the Smith detractors to explain how a guy who has won 2 player of the year awards has managed to do that whilst being too short, too slow and unable to pass, who is approaching 500 games having been consistently selected by numerous managers over the last decade?  Anyone?

Ray, Unfortunately Smith has to play CB as his distribution isn’t great so shouldn’t play RB or LB. He should challenge in the air for every ball. What he needs is a partner with some pace who can mop up behind him if he doesn’t win the header. Smith’s determination is unquestionable unlike many others and he can’t win a game on his own.

Fingers crossed DM will drop the boring tippy tappy style of football, as we can’t afford to make mistakes at the back, also like about 89 of the leagues teams we don’t have the quality to play that system. Let’s get the ball forward and I don’t just mean humping it up the pitch. However when needs must and we need to go long to get the ball out of our danger area, then let’s do it.

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 2