onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Advert

3 hours ago, The French Connection said:

Just looking at a load of deals that have happened recently, at our level, and feeling somewhat envious...

Just out of interest which ones in particular are you envious about?

I think our 2 so far have certainly been decent ones

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Just out of interest which ones in particular are you envious about?

I think our 2 so far have certainly been decent ones

Personally I think Curtis (if fit and not hampered by that injury) is the strongest league 2 signing so far 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr Phil said:

Vale fans always seem to want a scapegoat for things, the Smith haters are just jumping on the bandwagon like sheep following just one or two with the loudest mouths: and so it gathers pace over time ! And god help you if the number of syllables in your name fits the 'get out of our club song' ! I think the behaviour of so many Vale fans in the Hamill last season was deplorable... embarrassing ! 

In fairness there wasn’t a lot going on on the pitch to win fans over but I know where you’re coming from, some “fans” were literally just waiting for the first mistake.

4 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Smith wasn’t a scapegoat last season. He was down right awful, unless games like Lincoln at home are acceptable. He will be fine at this level as we know from previous years but he was really poor last season. I also felt embarrassed with fans in Lorne street clapping the lads off after games like Exeter at home. 

The point is though that Smith wasn’t on his own.  Anyway I watched a well respected England player last night pass the ball directly to an opponent and from the resulting play we subsequently conceded a goal.  That’s at the top level, so anyone expecting Smith, or any other player at our level, to be perfect in every game, or even most games, is either delusional, on drugs or both.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The point is though that Smith wasn’t on his own.  Anyway I watched a well respected England player last night pass the ball directly to an opponent and from the resulting play we subsequently conceded a goal.  That’s at the top level, so anyone expecting Smith, or any other player at our level, to be perfect in every game, or even most games, is either delusional, on drugs or both.

I’m not disagreeing. But I don’t remember smith have a decent game last season, he wasn’t on his own no, but he was awful at times. He will be fine in league 2 but he was poor last season. 

6 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Not sure Smith passing it 5 yards to a Lincoln player to run towards an empty net is a good comparison with Kane. Yes Kane gave it away but the bloke was a good 35 yards out and had plenty to do, including beat a good shot stopper.

The Kane error was poor. The Smith one you would struggle to see at Trubshaw Cross. It was unbelievably bad. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Not sure Smith passing it 5 yards to a Lincoln player to run towards an empty net is a good comparison with Kane. Yes Kane gave it away but the bloke was a good 35 yards out and had plenty to do, including beat a good shot stopper.

The Kane error was poor. The Smith one you would struggle to see at Trubshaw Cross. It was unbelievably bad. 

Can we forget the Lincoln game! I won't be able to sleep tonight! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

9 days left till end of early bird 

Anyone off hope so .

More to come in 

You would think so.

Need get rid of losing mentality players as it becomes a habit 

Really hoping for a bit of late business today put us all in a chipper mood for the weekend. 

Been plenty of signings over the last couple of days  but mainly seem to be in League one. 

• Like 1