onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

13 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I dont think we need any more midfielders as it stands and also the concern with this player is that he is 27 with just over 100 games

Can't see there is anything in this rumour, Rovers offered him a new contract. They must feel confident in his fitness, despite all the medical diagnosis on OVF.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Advert

3 minutes ago, JRC said:

Can't see there is anything in this rumour, Rovers offered him a new contract. They must feel confident in his fitness, despite all the medical diagnosis on OVF.

Medical diagnosis 🙄 it’s in black & white all over the internet. Clubs haven’t made these injuries up smart arse

3 minutes ago, JRC said:

I dont think it has anything to do with medical diagnosis off here,folk are concerned by just over 100 games for a 27yr old who is supposed to be class

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

As it stands Walters ticks that box I guess although he's injured isn't he ? 

The suggestions in the latest Baggers newsletter suggested he could be on the way. There was an interview with Will Ryder about youth team contracts.

While he seemed optimistic on most of them on Walters he wouldn't be drawn and said something (to the effect of) they hope Walters has benefitted from his time at the club (which sounded to me like an "he's off" comment).

I personally would be happy to wrong and to see him sign and stay (as I think he can develop) but we can't have a contract impasse like this forever so I guess something has to give at some point. 

• Like 4

Just now, werstayinup said:

Yes,didn't realise he was now 37(it only seems like yesterday) but it's good he has got himself another 12mth deal

I’m glad it’s not us to be honest. Getting on a bit now at 37 😆 probably get offered a coaching role there after next season unless he drops down a league or two. 

2 minutes ago, robf said:

The suggestions in the latest Baggers newsletter suggested he could be on the way. There was an interview with Will Ryder about youth team contracts.

While he seemed optimistic on most of them on Walters he wouldn't be drawn and said something (to the effect of) they hope Walters has benefitted from his time at the club (which sounded to me like an "he's off" comment).

I personally would be happy to wrong and to see him sign and stay (as I think he can develop) but we can't have a contract impasse like this forever so I guess something has to give at some point. 

That’s him off then with those sort of words spoken. Leon will ruin his career 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robf said:

It's a shame Rob but i think he(or his agent) has wanted out for a while now,it does seem like the other lads will sign and tbh i wouldn't be pushing the boat out for walters as that wouldn't be fair on all the other young lads who have signed

• Like 1

Just now, Vtid said:

That’s him off then with those sort of words spoken. Leon will ruin his career 

Sadly i think there are a lot of agents out there who ruin young lads careers one way or another. we will get some compo for him with him playing first team games etc,I just hope that he does have a decent career in the game

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Sadly i think there are a lot of agents out there who ruin young lads careers one way or another. we will get some compo for him with him playing first team games etc,I just hope that he does have a decent career in the game

That’s true mate. Like I said I’m not sure Walters is ready anyway. For me only Dipepa right now & even him I’d want coming off the bench here & there. I have concerns over Plant. Yes he’s been played out of position but even in an attacking role there’s so much of his game that needs improving. Rather him loaned out get some experience. Shorrock prob the closest behind Dipepa for me in terms of development & nearer the first team. Could all do with getting a decent loan to be honest stand them in good stead. Can see Baylee being sold soon as well 

Edited by Vtid

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

That’s true mate. Like I said I’m not sure Walters is ready anyway. For me only Dipepa right now & even him I’d want coming off the bench. I have concerns over Plant. Yes he’s been played out of position but even in an attacking role there’s so much of his game that needs improving. Rather him loaned out get some experience. Shorrock the closest behind Dipepa for me in terms of development & nearer the first team 

Plant imo has really suffered from being played all over the place but even with that he has always put 100% in,I am hoping to see him now played out wide and showing what he can do there,I also like the look of Shorrock as a winger more than a LB/LWB

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Plant imo has really suffered from being played all over the place but even with that he has always put 100% in,I am hoping to see him now played out wide and showing what he can do there,I also like the look of Shorrock as a winger more than a LB/LWB

Both good options off the bench & add a lot of energy but i wouldn’t be against the youngsters getting loaned out if we can bring more experienced players in. Effort alone isn’t enough, Plants end product is awful. Wish we could have seen more of him in central midfield he looked a right player in there against Ipswich & never seen him played there since. 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SFBT said:

Perhaps like many; looks good in a good team/ with good players around him, poor in a poor team.

A poor team is a poor team. We had a dreadful midfield, worst I have ever seen in terms of creating chances, but Ojo was still the best of a bad bunch, technically a majestic footballer. 

Too many Vale fans like rubbish bruisers who can’t actually play football. Ojo can. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1