onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

7 hours ago, JRC said:

I'm probably as young as you can be to have seen Chamberlain and appreciated him in a Vale shirt. Last season at Vale and first 18 months at Stoke he was the fastest player in England.  He then got hamstring problems and was never quite the same. McPhee (and Lewis Haldene) was quick but Hughes and Chamberlain were effortlessly rapid.

It's all about opinions, for me McPhee was the quickest but without them playing alongside one another it's only from memory and that can be deceiving.

• Like 1

Advert

10 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

Well I hope Carol's got deep pockets, if relying on them .

There probably be 1 more incoming then .

That's very poor news .

We needed a massive overhaul .

If on fence with getting a season ticket that news that 13 of 16 contracted players still here after what they put our loyal support through last season will deter folk for sure .

So not good at all 

No one has mentioned that we will be relying on them. We are bringing in quality signings so we don't have to play them.

getting rid of them is not as easy as you seem to think. As it stands we have Stockley, Tolaj, Dipepa, Chislett, Garrity and Curtis who can all score goals. That's some goal power.

• Like 6

The big problem last season was the forward line and that has been addressed.  That was well known and even discussed by Flitcroft in what turned out to be his final interview.  The 2 strikers we have signed will be on significant wages. They will add both goals and the ability to hold the ball when the defence is under pressure,  something we struggled to do last season. 

Three of the players we have signed would get into nearly every side in this league, Curtis, Stockley and Tolaj. Garrity, Ripley, Dipepa, Ojo, Clarke and Chislett would all ge into most league 2 sides. Not many sides wouldn't also take Smith and Croasdale. Maybe a couple more to come in. Bet 365 currently have us joint 5th favourites,  personally I'd put us ahead of Doncaster who lost some key players. I'd be disappointed if we aren't at least in the playoff off mix come April. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, werstayinup said:

It's not just his goals,he also had 10 or 11 assists as well didn't he?

Correct. What I like about Tolaj is his variation of goals, right foot, left foot, headers, tap ins, long range he has it all. Looks the complete forward in regards to scoring goals & at 22 he’s far from complete. Strong & tenacious. Every signing so far has been of that type 👌🏻 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 4

Any ideas on what formation we might line up with now we’ve paid fees for 2 strikers who come with some expectations? I can’t see Stockley or Tolaj coming to sit on the bench so maybe a 4-1-3-2 🤔 obviously some games we may start with 1 up top hopefully not the likes of Salford away! 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I still think we will bring in another smaller and pacy forward probably on loan though

That’ll depend what’s happening with Baylee. Right now we have Stockley, Tolaj, Dipepa & Loft. All different types of strikers. I’d of taken that at the end of last season myself. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Any ideas on what formation we might line up with now we’ve paid fees for 2 strikers who come with some expectations? I can’t see Stockley or Tolaj coming to sit on the bench so maybe a 4-1-3-2 🤔 obviously some games we may start with 1 up top hopefully not the likes of Salford away! 

Both stockly and tolaj can play the loan striker role,so as you say we can play that system or 451 / 442 /433 so many options now

• Like 2