onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Advert

1 hour ago, Alan Vit said:

I'm still buzzing from the events of this week. :upthevale:

It's obvious that Darren and his management team are all over the remaining deficiencies in our squad, and I can't wait to see who arrives next, given the quality of all of the new players so far.

It's quite amazing what an experienced manager who is just left to get on with his job can do isn't it

• Like 3

My comment was very much tongue in cheek as some were saying no way will the budget be the same as in League One,my argument was that the least it will be is the same no matter what revenue we have lost,she is backing DM to have a go at it
I thought it was too, no criticism intended. Enough to challenge, sort out excess players when able.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vtid said:

Baylee did well there’s no denying that, I’m not buying into this England u17 stuff though. Tolaj represented Switzerland at u17 & u19 level. He got 25 goals & 10 assists last season & Stockley I think scored 11 in the same league as Baylee notched was it 3 goals? Plus he’s got so much experience. I like Dipepa but he’s still got a hell of a long way to go in terms of developing. Bring him on when the games stretched & the opposition’s defence is tiring. I don’t see how he gets in before the two new signings myself that’s if he’s not sold which I fully expect him to be. Each to their own though Phil 👍🏻 

Dipepa is still far too raw for physical League Two football. If he stays and we played him he would have his moments where he shows his obvious talent. But ultimately I think he's still a way off yet. If he stays as one of our four strikers then I expect him to be more of an impact player off the bench.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Tolaj had 19 according to Wikipedia. Baylee didn’t really have much of a season plus the experience he will have had playing in the Euros. Until I see Stockley and Tolaj play for the Vale I would rather start with Dipepa. I’ve seen Stockley play a number of times and I know what he can do but I’ve never seen Tolaj play 

Tolaj got 25 goals in all competitions and a fair number of assists in his 50 games

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Dipepa is still far too raw for physical League Two football. If he stays and we played him he would have his moments where be shows his obvious talent. But ultimately I think he's still a way off yet. If he stays as one of our four strikers then I expect him to be more of an impact player off the bench.

Exactly my thoughts mate 👍🏻 let’s face it if it wasn’t for Flitcrofts terrible recruitment he wouldn’t have been anywhere near the first team last season, that was a result of injuries & signing 2 donkeys then leaving ourselves massively short in that position. He did well for a kid but I agree he’s still got a long way to go before he’s starting games in mens football. If Baylee Dipepa is starting games for us next season something has gone horribly wrong again in the transfer window. If he stays which is a big if then he could be perfect off the bench 

Edited by Vtid

On the Aldershot forum(sadly I haven't got a link as i just had this mentioned to me) a club volunteer has said that they believe the fee for Tolaj to be 300k

I dont think that will be far off for his age,goals and potential plus when you see what other national league clubs have been asking for their players

• Like 1

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

On the Aldershot forum(sadly I haven't got a link as i just had this mentioned to me) a club volunteer has said that they believe the fee for Tolaj to be 300k

I dont think that will be far off for his age,goals and potential plus when you see what other national league clubs have been asking for their players

I’ve heard between 250k-400k so sounds about right 

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Like to see a right back/ RWB come in. I like Clarke but be surprised if he’s fit for more than half the season. 

Clark has only has one injury hit season. First loan over 40 games, second was cut short by covid, third the issue was a death in his family, not injury related issues. First season at Accrington Coleman didn't pick him much first half of the season and he missed 3 games when he got into the side at Christmas for a red card. Second season he played nearly 50 games. Last season was a bit of a disaster but was predominantly linked to a cartridge problem and I suspect the March injury was more related to rushing him back due to the league position.  He didn't look remotely fit when he came on against Derby and from the start in the Oxford game. The rest of the career he's been playing under 23s football. It's true he may have become injury prone after last season but most players have 2 or 3 seasons when they miss a lot of games.

I agree we need cover; although we also need to consider getting game time for Lomax and possibly Plant who can both play there. At league 2 level a fit Clark is a first choice player. Sign a top rightback and Clark plays 49 games you've got a lot of the budget sitting in the stands. Don't sign one and Clark has become injury prone you may see a lot of Tom Sang. Sign an average rightback and you might as well stick with Tom Sang.