onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Advert

1 hour ago, Bobnewtonian said:

Wonder if we can get a race organised at half time😂…..I would go for McPhee winner in a straight line but chambo easy winner with the ball at his feet swerving in and out of cones.

yes hughes and haldane were sharp and I remember Ian Armstrong was rapid but always injured…. 

There's also acceleration over the first 5 metres that's pretty important in football.  Allegedly Dan Jones was fastest over 50 and 100m in last year's squad but not over 10m.

When Chamberlain and Sealy were in the same side Chamberlain was quicker over 20m plus but Sealy was very sharp over 5m. Both were quick.

Edited by JRC

It's a nice dilemma to have but how on earth do we fit Chislett, Garrity, Curtis, Stockley, and Tolaj into one team?

Curtis suggests we'll want to play with wingers. He hasn't come here on a 3 year deal to play wing-back.

Tolaj and Stockley suggests two up top. Again, I can't see either coming here to be back up.

Only solution I can sort of see is Tolaj-Stockley-Curtis as a front three, with both Curtis and Tolaj cutting in onto their stronger foot and the attacking Clark and Hart overlapping to keep width? Then Ojo + Croasdale sitting.

This of course means one of Garrity or Chisett can't play. It also seems to negate Tolaj's hold up play by having him wide.

I don't know! Good isn't it?

2 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Potentially another couple coming in today...one a centre half.

I don't know in what position but I've heard a whisper about a signing today too, which will be unusual for us in this window to be done on a weekend - If true I suspect it's been arranged, quite rightly, to take advantage of the ST early bird window alongside it being the last working day of the month yesterday (so payday for many) - to encourage a bit of spontaneous spending / the sales tactic of a time dilemma.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

I don't know in what position but I've heard a whisper about a signing today too, which will be unusual for us in this window to be done on a weekend - If true I suspect it's been arranged, quite rightly, to take advantage of the ST early bird window alongside it being the last working day of the month yesterday (so payday for many)

Also to give them as much as time as possible with the squad in pre-season.

If this all comes off and we're quite good this year, Darren Moore has completely blown up the idea that a DoF is needed. You just give an experienced manager some cash and tell him to sort it out.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

It's a nice dilemma to have but how on earth do we fit Chislett, Garrity, Curtis, Stockley, and Tolaj into one team?

Curtis suggests we'll want to play with wingers. He hasn't come here on a 3 year deal to play wing-back.

Tolaj and Stockley suggests two up top. Again, I can't see either coming here to be back up.

Only solution I can sort of see is Tolaj-Stockley-Curtis as a front three, with both Curtis and Tolaj cutting in onto their stronger foot and the attacking Clark and Hart overlapping to keep width? Then Ojo + Croasdale sitting.

This of course means one of Garrity or Chisett can't play. It also seems to negate Tolaj's hold up play by having him wide.

I don't know! Good isn't it?

Like you say what a refreshing change to have such a dilemma 🙂 the one thing i aren't worried about now is that if one of the better players left for good money is replacing them,I am confident under DM we could do that

• Like 1

Teams shaping nicely still a few blanks be filled in for me .

Subs bench is humongous

Ripley 

New player New player New player Hart

Croasdale Garrity Chislett Curtis 

Stockley Tolaj 

Subs's the rest .

So  i make it 4 players required cover in  midfield and 3 better defenders than we have .

Edited by Dipepa delight

8 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Something like:

Ripley

Clark Smith NewCB Hart

Ojo Croasdale

Garrity

Tolaj Stockley Curtis

Another lovely looking team at this level and one that has goals in it

I know i have said it before but my only issue will be with Ojo and again if he does leave i have no doubt we can replace him

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doha said:

I don't know in what position but I've heard a whisper about a signing today too, which will be unusual for us in this window to be done on a weekend - If true I suspect it's been arranged, quite rightly, to take advantage of the ST early bird window alongside it being the last working day of the month yesterday (so payday for many) - to encourage a bit of spontaneous spending / the sales tactic of a time dilemma.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if it was another banging signing one that will spur those last undecided ones in to renewing this weekend?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vtid said:

Ripley 

Clark       Smith          Yak        Hart

Croasdale

Chizzy        Garrity       Curtis 

Stockley    Tolaj

From the current squad that’s how I’d line up. Looking pretty strong to me already & there’s plenty of the window left to do more business ✍️ 

Good enough to beat England that! Lovely stuff!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1