onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Euro 2024

16 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

We have some of the best attacking players,the best we have had for a long long time yet he continues to play boring <ovf censored>

I guess Potter is waiting to get a crack at it,although can you imagine Klopp getting it,I wonder how that would go down a German managing the England national team,I aren't fussed tbf i just want to see England win something

Serena Weigman?

• Like 1

Advert

That was tactically poor. As usual stick with the same 12 despite the evident problems in the first game.

how can the team press when there are not one but two holding midfielders sitting in front of the defence? You could see the frustration from Bellingham at al. Alexander Armstrong is a passenger as a second holding midfielder today. What was the offensive plan that necessitated picking both Rice and AA? 

Pretty rank, so rank that it made Rice look average by the second half. 

I doubt Southgate has the creativity to address it for the next game. 

33 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Vale fans quite literally moaning for England.

Plus ca change …

Even a draw against Slovenia and we are through to the knockout stages.

Beat Slovenia, which we will, and we go through as group leaders.

Vale fans having a go? Actually it’s the entire nation with half a braincell on how football works. 

Edited by Spunk Trumpet
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

How on Earth can you defend that performance,

I can defend that performance because we were competing against Denmark, one of the top 10 teams in the world, regardless of the latest FIFA rankings.

I can defend that performance because it is likely to put England through as group winners, which is job done for this stage of the competition.

How on Earth can you defend your relentless negativity?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, manc_vale said:

That was tactically poor. As usual stick with the same 12 despite the evident problems in the first game.

how can the team press when there are not one but two holding midfielders sitting in front of the defence? You could see the frustration from Bellingham at al. Alexander Armstrong is a passenger as a second holding midfielder today. What was the offensive plan that necessitated picking both Rice and AA? 

Pretty rank, so rank that it made Rice look average by the second half. 

I doubt Southgate has the creativity to address it for the next game. 

Alexander Armstrong would prob do a better job than Trent to be fair mate 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

I can defend that performance because we were competing against Denmark, one of the top 10 teams in the world, regardless of the latest FIFA rankings.

I can defend that performance because it is likely to put England through as group winners, which is job done for this stage of the competition.

This top 10 side who only 18 months ago in the world cup finished bottom of a group containing Australia and Tunisia.

• Like 3

I know he has had 2 stinkers but for me Alexander Arnold is a world class attacking full-back, but bang average defender and definitely not a midfielder, Southgate destroying him playing him where he is.  One look at his goals and assists shows what a talent he is but not where he is been asked to play.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Vale fans having a go? Actually it’s the entire nation with half a braincell on how football works. 

Nah. These "apologists" clearly know more than the opinions and criticisms of pundits and ex-players, such as Shearer, Richards, Lineker, Keane, Neville.

The same "apologists" that are far too willing to accept and excuse the type of relegation that Vale have just endured.....probably still clapping the team off from the end of last season!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Legitimately tell me how you put Denmark in the top ten in the entire world?

Last 19 games they have won 10.

Those wins were against Norway, Sweden, Northern Ireland, Slovenia, Kazakhstan, Finland, San Marino (twice), Faroe Islands (twice).

They drew 5. 
England, Tunisia, Switzerland, Slovenia (twice).

They lost 4. 
France, Australia, Kazakhstan, Northern Ireland.

Funnily enough, as bad as the FIFA rankings are, your statement that they are top 10 in the world, has actually made out their rankings to be quite accurate with them being down in the 20s.

Well done. 

I know he’s had a bad season domestically but Rashford wouldn’t have done any worse. In fact I’d say he would of got us up the pitch with his pace & always done ok for England. What does Palmer have to do for minutes? Him & Mainoo have to start the next game! Palmer played 33 games last season scoring 22 goals & 11 assists. He’s not played a single minute this tournament it’s madness. Anthony Gordon is another who would make a difference. We can’t keep sticking with Foden, Saka & Kane who has done naff all so far. Gareth pull your finger out & be brave ffs  

Edited by Vtid

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

We have some of the best attacking players,the best we have had for a long long time yet he continues to play boring <ovf censored>

I guess Potter is waiting to get a crack at it,although can you imagine Klopp getting it,I wonder how that would go down a German managing the England national team,I aren't fussed tbf i just want to see England win something

At least Klopp would have a good go at winning a tournament rather than mr likeable Southgate who wants to bore his way through a tournament until we go out on penalties because we don’t have the guts to actually attack and win a game. Our worst 2 players played the full 90 today, one of whom was subbed on Sunday when he was our best player  and IMO our best player  tonight, Foden was subbed, yet when he was poor on Sunday he managed 90 minutes. Tactically, Southgate is useless but if we reach the semis by playing this style of football people will still rave about him and his record.

• Thanks 1