onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Euro 2024

Just now, manc_vale said:

Here's a thought that's going through my head this morning...

Are these superb players, actually only superb thanks to the top notch foreign talent they play alongside for their clubs? 

Bellingham is excused from this - genuine class.

Second thought - most of these tired players, play a high press game mostly twice weekly throughout the year. And yet our management uniquely think its not possible to do this in a tournament?

They look very nervy to me. Bellingham was terrible last night 

Advert

Just now, manc_vale said:

Here's a thought that's going through my head this morning...

Are these superb players, actually only superb thanks to the top notch foreign talent they play alongside for their clubs? 

Bellingham is excused from this - genuine class.

Second thought - most of these tired players, play a high press game mostly twice weekly throughout the year. And yet our management uniquely think its not possible to do this in a tournament?

Can't agree mate.

Foden is on another planet for City. Yes he's got good players around him but that's not why he's good. He's stood out from the age of 17 when England won a tournament. 

Same applies to Saka and Palmer. Pure quality. 

They are held back by an unnecessary cautious and negative approach. 

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

They look very nervy to me. Bellingham was terrible last night 

I agree Bellingham last night looked miles off the player in the first game. I put that down to a bad match. The midfield was all over the place last night.   He showed just how good he was in the first game, skill and confidence in spades...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Can't agree mate.

Foden is on another planet for City. Yes he's got good players around him but that's not why he's good. He's stood out from the age of 17 when England won a tournament. 

Fair enough as I say its just a thought... I am puzzled why we were so fancied pre tournament?  

We have a few class players, especially in midfield, but the management are unable to make use of our strengths.

1 minute ago, manc_vale said:

Fair enough as I say its just a thought... I am puzzled why we were so fancied pre tournament?  

We have a few classes players, especially in midfield, but the management are unable to make use of our strengths.

Fancied because of the quality we having in midfield and up top, along with performances in recent tournaments. 

Never going to happen though with this utter buffoon in charge so for me shouldn’t have been favourites even with the quality as this numpty has no idea of how to get the best out of the players. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Can't agree mate.

I don’t think he’s particularly been held back so far in this tournament he was more central last night & still struggled. I just think he’s a bit low on confidence or maybe trying a little too hard. Surely the players have to use their initiative at times as well & just play with more freedom 🤔 if I was as talented as some of our attacking players & being told to be more conservative I wouldn’t be listening to safe gate. I’d be showing him what I was capable of & showing him his tactics etc are wrong 

Edited by Vtid

The Pitch was Terrible ! - I would like to see Palmer, And Anthony Gordon in the Team ! - These Normally Good Players, had a bad game: Declan Rice, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Jude Bellingham, John Stones, 

Edited by Pheonix Vale
addition
  • Like 2

A sign of a good tram play badly and win or draw .

England in a nutshell. 

They will have to improve but I feel they will .

Win it on first 2 games .

No chance 

Overall on a winning mentality 

Every chance 

I'd play .

Pickford

Trent Arnold  Stones  Walker

Rice 

Sake  Bellingham Palmer Foden 

Kane Watkins 

Play to win 

That team wins most games

Emphasis on attacking .

Why we defending we have so much talent .

Play to win saka and foden with better quality behind them can flourish.

I think if TAA put five balls in a game from right as its his normal position he puts four on Watkins and kanes head he is that  good .

Our quality in middle should give us a basis to win Every game 

Palmer needs be used a clever superb footballer ..

Out go trippier Guehi and Gallagher who for me will be found wanting as competition goes to harder stages.

Edited by Dipepa delight

28 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

A sign of a good tram play badly and win or draw .

England in a nutshell. 

They will have to improve but I feel they will .

Win it on first 2 games .

No chance 

Overall on a winning mentality 

Every chance 

I'd play .

Pickford

Trent Arnold  Stones  Walker

Rice 

Sake  Bellingham Palmer Foden 

Kane Watkins 

Play to win 

That team wins most games

Emphasis on attacking .

Why we defending we have so much talent .

Play to win saka and foden with better quality behind them can flourish.

I think if TAA put five balls in a game from right as its his normal position he puts four on Watkins and kanes head he is that  good .

Our quality in middle should give us a basis to win Every game 

Palmer needs be used a clever superb footballer ..

Out go trippier Guehi and Gallagher who for me will be found wanting as competition goes to harder stages.

TAA in a 3 ?

He cannot defend for his life. Complete liability defensively. He's the same with Liverpool but gets away with it as most games they are on the offensive. 

Whilst I agree he's been thrown to the Wolves in midfield if he played for Fulham or the likes he'd be nowhere near the England squad. 

Just now, darren1810 said:

TAA in a 3 ?

He cannot defend for his life. Complete liability defensively. He's the same with Liverpool but gets away with it as most games they are on the offensive. 

Whilst I agree he's been thrown to the Wolves in midfield if he played for Fulham or the likes he'd be nowhere near the England squad. 

Offensively is how we should be 

playing not scoring then going back into position and trying see games out .

I like TAA he as the quality score get assists ,we would over run teams with my formation they ain't getting out .