onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Euro 2024

Advert

48 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

If Stubborn Southgate puts Palmer, Mainoo Watkins and Gordon in the starting 11 

I fancy our chances but sadly I think he'll pick the dross he usually picks 🙄😬

Not fussed about Gordon or Watkins but we certainly picked up after Palmer came on last night, Saka should be dropped, he played well for the first half of our first match and been naff since. I still think Kane is the best striker we have, we just need an attackive player closer to him, not leaving him isolated. 

In 2020, we scored 2, that included 2 teams that have gone out already this time and Czech Republic, then we had an easy ride to the final, where once again Mr negative sat back on a 1-0 lead against a weaker team and we end up losing on penalties. 

Are you happy with our performances and tactics so far in this tournament?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

The question isn’t that.

The question is - Which approach is most likely to improve our performances and take us further in this tournament?

And the answer is NOT relentless criticism and negativity from the supporters.

1 minute ago, Alan Vit said:

The question isn’t that.

The question is - Which approach is most likely to improve our performances and take us further in this tournament?

Every fan can see what would improve us. Southgate Dosent. 

7 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

In 2020, we scored 2, that included 2 teams that have gone out already this time and Czech Republic, then we had an easy ride to the final, where once again Mr negative sat back on a 1-0 lead against a weaker team and we end up losing on penalties. 

I really don't care about performances in tournament football. It genuinely doesn't matter. Give me absolutely horrendous, turgid, risk-averse football for the next 4 games. Bore me into submission and win every game 1-0 via a 119th minute set-piece. Couldn't care less about how well we play as long as we progress. So yeah, pretty happy. Topped the group. 

And you prove my point! We were poor in the '2020/2021' Euros groups. Two goals. Draw against Scotland. Limp past Czech Republic.  Then, we beat Germany and make it to the final. The performances of the group didn't matter a jot. Everyone was weeping and wailing about performances and creativity, and then suddenly it didn't matter. The media were making the exact same comments about underperformance. This could read from this tournament:

image.png.68cc1f09b6782153c428298e37d5bd2c.png

We've got the easier draw again. We don't give many chances up. We have some individuals who can do something. Let's wait and see, and we can all have a right good meltdown when we get knocked out. Till then, I'm just enjoying England playing knockout football.

Just now, JoeB2 said:

I really don't care about performances in tournament football. It genuinely doesn't matter. Give me absolutely horrendous, turgid, risk-averse football for the next 4 games. Bore me into submission and win every game 1-0 via a 119th minute set-piece. Couldn't care less about how well we play as long as we progress. So yeah, pretty happy. Topped the group. 

And you prove my point! We were poor in the '2020/2021' Euros groups. Two goals. Draw against Scotland. Limp past Czech Republic.  Then, we beat Germany and make it to the final. The performances of the group didn't matter a jot. Everyone was weeping and wailing about performances and creativity, and then suddenly it didn't matter. The media were making the exact same comments about underperformance. This could read from this tournament:

image.png.68cc1f09b6782153c428298e37d5bd2c.png

We've got the easier draw again. We don't give many chances up. We have some individuals who can do something. Let's wait and see, and we can all have a right good meltdown when we get knocked out. Till then, I'm just enjoying England playing knockout football.

For reference, that's a media quote from the immediate aftermath of our third group game in the last tournament, which we then reached the final of.

I know that reaching the final simply isn't good enough for some and we should nuke ourselves if we don't win the entire tournament, but I think we're one of the top 5 teams in the tournament and are never guaranteed any major tournament. 

Let's wait and see! 

14 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

The question isn’t that.

The answer is not Southgate. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Every fan can see what would improve us.

Every fan who is an experienced and talented football manager you mean?

They and you are entitled to your opinions.

But that doesn’t mean they are correct.

3 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Every fan who is an experienced and talented football manager you mean?

They and you are entitled to your opinions.

But that doesn’t mean they are correct.

Then so are yours. 

Edited by valiant_593

4 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

The answer is not Southgate. 

The answer unarguably is Gareth Southgate for the duration of this tournament.

After which, I have a strong inkling that you will get your wish, and Gareth will resign.