Advert

Advert

Euro 2024

Advert

36 minutes ago, Doha said:

Who actually wants this?

I don't.

GRRLxlWWEAApe64?format=jpg&name=large

Me. Offside is offside, doesn’t matter whether it’s an inch or a mile. Be gutted if an offside goal counted against us. Harsh for the Danes and I would much prefer them to have won but this is offside, I also thought the first German goal which was disallowed was very harsh.

Edited by philpvfc
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Me. Offside is offside, doesn’t matter whether it’s an inch or a mile. Be gutted if an offside goal counted against us. Harsh for the Danes and I would much prefer them to have won but this is offside, I also thought the first German goal which was disallowed was very harsh.

The guy is basically being given offside because of his boot size

Its a joke

• Like 2

Maybe it should be the torso like in sprinting. It is the torso crossing the line that counts.

I agree, it isnt clear and obvious, if the liner doesn't pick it up then so be it. VAR should be goal line decisions or off the ball incidents. Maybe each team in the Prem/EFL, has a maximum of 2 VAR reviews per game, and 15 a season. Only to be reviewed if the players on the field or those in the dugout feel they have been done over. Pre VAR, each would have less than maybe a dozen or contentious decisions per season so to have 3 or 4 a game isn't the game that we all love.

In other news, despite Southgate being a crap manager and has been for years, I wish him well tonight and pray he can pull something out of the bag.

Just think we should scrap VAR and let referees crack on with a very difficult job, accepting that they'll get it wrong sometimes and manage to deal with that as Grown Men/Women.

I've just never got referee hatred. It's really hard! The performative outrage at them getting stuff wrong is what led us to VAR.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Doha said:

Per the current ridiculous rules. Same for the current handball rule.

What advantage did he gain?

Sorry, offside is offside, he gained an inch or 2, it’s an easy rule.

The handball is another matter, the ref was right yesterday to give the penalty because of the rules but personally I don’t think his arm was in a particularly unnatural position, he didn’t move his arm towards the ball and he was only about 4 feet away when the ball was kicked, so that comes down to interpretation, but the rules will say his arm is raised, so handball. Perhaps the rules need to be tweaked on handball, but sorry, offside is offside, simple. Don’t go messing with the offside rule because then you go down the route of interpretation. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

He may be wearing size 8s and the defender size 10s, then he’d have been a couple more inches offside.

He’s offside, no iffs or buts.

My god

This is going back to the days when someone would smash one in on the half volley from 30 yards only for it to be chalked off for some guy being offside by the corner flag

There was absolutely no advantage gained whatsoever last night.  That decision is ONLY given by VAR.  Never in a million years is that given when pure common sense is applied.

It's meant to be there for "clear and obvious" mistakes isn't it? To save all the ridiculous stop starts and long delays to play.

That isn't what's happening now.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

My god

This is going back to the days when someone would smash one in on the half volley from 30 yards only for it to be chalked off for some guy being offside by the corner flag

There was absolutely no advantage gained whatsoever last night.  That decision is ONLY given by VAR.  Never in a million years is that given when pure common sense is applied.

It's meant to be there for "clear and obvious" mistakes isn't it? To save all the ridiculous stop starts and long delays to play.

Not at all. Offside is when a player is in an offside position and is interfering with play, which is exactly what happened. The player who was offside touched the ball which led to the player scoring the goal. How do you not see that as an advantage gained?

What if the linesman had put his flag up and he was an inch onside, had VAR deemed it onside, would you be complaining then? 
What you are asking for, is for interpretations to be made, or clear and obvious errors which just makes things more complicated and will end up with more delays. 
Was the player offside? Yes. Did he interfere with play? He touched the ball, so clearly, yes. Don’t make it more complicated.

Edited by philpvfc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Just think we should scrap VAR and let referees crack on with a very difficult job, accepting that they'll get it wrong sometimes and manage to deal with that as Grown Men/Women.

I've just never got referee hatred. It's really hard! The performative outrage at them getting stuff wrong is what led us to VAR.

The only controversy with VAR this tournament has involved English officials, so in effect, 2 games. It is very rare that VAR gets things wrong and has overturned a lot of wrong decisions in this tournament.

id rather go out based on an offside goal we scored that the linesman missed to a hand of god goal.

1 minute ago, eh up nah said:

My god

Exactly. VAR is perfect for goal line decisions to give a side view better than an Assistant Referee. As for Offside, did the attacker have an advantage over the defender? The length of a boot is more realistic than a toenail, also to be offside from an arm position is ridiculous. With penalties, did the arm/hand in a natural position impede or deflect the flight of the ball ? Goals are what we want to see, not more excuses to rule them out. Not that VAR affects games at the Vale Park, refs make mistakes but are instantaneous, not pored over far away from the action.

• Like 1

Games becoming silly with all this technology. Back to basics, this snikometer is ridiculous 😭 VAR can make decisions on handball as it is or as someone has mentioned just let the ref do his bloody job 🙄

Edited by Vtid