onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Euro 2024

The whole VAR debate is always a good read seeing the different opinions. 

I know they have to draw a line somewhere but I hate where it's obviously a corner or a goal kick yet the opposite decision has been given. Obviously goals come off set pieces. A quick beep in the ear could correct a wrong decision. But I guess where do you draw the line.

Too many things are being ruined by the wait. The worst one for me was the euphoria of the Coventry winner in the Fa cup semi being called offside due to a protruding nose hair.

Personally I hate it. 

• Like 5

Advert

15 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Not at all. Offside is when a player is in an offside position and is interfering with play, which is exactly what happened. The player who was offside touched the ball which led to the player scoring the goal. How do you not see that as an advantage gained?

What if the linesman had put his flag up and he was an inch onside, had VAR deemed it onside, would you be complaining then? 
What you are asking for, is for interpretations to be made, or clear and obvious errors which just makes things more complicated and will end up with more delays. 
Was the player offside? Yes. Did he interfere with play? He touched the ball, so clearly, yes. Don’t make it more complicated.

It isn't an advantage when you're talking about toe nails, boot laces and such.  I just don't agree that there is an advantage mate.  I don't think he is offside.  His whole body, barring the point of his boot is onside.  He's still got to get the other side of the defender.

If you're talking it to the lengths you're taking it here, we'd be using it to check throw ins, corners, foul throws the lot.

I saw you mention the German goal on two minutes.  Big case that that should've been allowed as well.  No clear and obvious error there, just a different interpretation.  So I agree on that one.

So it messed up 3 times last night.

42 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Exactly. VAR is perfect for goal line decisions to give a side view better than an Assistant Referee. As for Offside, did the attacker have an advantage over the defender? The length of a boot is more realistic than a toenail, also to be offside from an arm position is ridiculous. With penalties, did the arm/hand in a natural position impede or deflect the flight of the ball ? Goals are what we want to see, not more excuses to rule them out. Not that VAR affects games at the Vale Park, refs make mistakes but are instantaneous, not pored over far away from the action.

Then there will be an argument whether it was full boot or not. An arm isn’t deemed to be offside btw.

The rules are fair regarding offside, other rules need to change.

30 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

It isn't an advantage when you're talking about toe nails, boot laces and such.  I just don't agree that there is an advantage mate.  I don't think he is offside.  His whole body, barring the point of his boot is onside.  He's still got to get the other side of the defender.

If you're talking it to the lengths you're taking it here, we'd be using it to check throw ins, corners, foul throws the lot.

I saw you mention the German goal on two minutes.  Big case that that should've been allowed as well.  No clear and obvious error there, just a different interpretation.  So I agree on that one.

So it messed up 3 times last night.

Offside is offside, sorry, if it was daylight between the man then there will still be the same arguments. I think the current rule stops debates on whether it’s offside or not, any part of the body that can play the ball is in an offside position and the player is interfering with play then offside, simple. The only contentious offside I’ve seen this tournament was the disallowed Dutch goal, where he was clearly offside, the debate was he interfering with play and IMO he wasn’t and the linesman at the time but others on here thought he was as did VAR, but once again, it was English officials.

34 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Offside is offside, sorry, if it was daylight between the man then there will still be the same arguments. I think the current rule stops debates on whether it’s offside or not, any part of the body that can play the ball is in an offside position and the player is interfering with play then offside, simple. The only contentious offside I’ve seen this tournament was the disallowed Dutch goal, where he was clearly offside, the debate was he interfering with play and IMO he wasn’t and the linesman at the time but others on here thought he was as did VAR, but once again, it was English officials.

Sorry mate, if offside is offside then there are NO contentious VAR offside decisions.

No deciding if anyone's interfering with play, if any single part of the guy is further forward than the defender by any distance it's off.  That's what you said.

Think some manager or other said it way back when, if he isn't interfering with play he shouldn't be on the pitch.

Edited by eh up nah
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

The whole VAR debate is always a good read seeing the different opinions. 

I know they have to draw a line somewhere but I hate where it's obviously a corner or a goal kick yet the opposite decision has been given. Obviously goals come off set pieces. A quick beep in the ear could correct a wrong decision. But I guess where do you draw the line.

Too many things are being ruined by the wait. The worst one for me was the euphoria of the Coventry winner in the Fa cup semi being called offside due to a protruding nose hair.

Personally I hate it. 

Its already ruined what would have been potentially the greatest ever domestic cup final.

Clear and obvious decision my arse

XiuHnH0.png

Edited by Doha
  • Like 2

I've just being looking at prices watch England .

Crikey folk must have some serious coin for prime seats 500 quid (that's a Vale season ticket plus strip plus years supply of pie each game ).

The cheapest ones are 50 quid surely they go quick but even at that price that's 2 Vale games .

I admire the folk who pay these prices.

Let's hope today's performance is worth the money these  terrific fans pay.

Edited by Dipepa delight

3 hours ago, Doha said:

Its already ruined what would have been potentially the greatest ever domestic cup final.

Clear and obvious decision my arse

XiuHnH0.png

Shame Coventry didn’t win but at the end of the day it was offside. Sure if it had been the other way round there would have been very little complaints 

Don’t think it would have been great final, it would most likely be like the City V Watford final a few years back, one sided. like you, I would have loved Coventry to be in the final, it also cost me £250 in bets as well.

Edited by philpvfc

3 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

Crikey folk must have some serious coin for prime seats 500 quid (that's a Vale season ticket plus strip plus years supply of pie each game ).

The cheapest ones are 50 quid surely they go quick but even at that price that's 2 Vale games .

It’s not those kind of prices. They are only those kind of prices if you are not part of the England supporters travel club & go to England games home & away in qualifiers and friendly games to enable you to earn the caps needed to get tickets for the major tournament finals.

You can not just think that you just  can rock up and grab a ticket without paying a premium.

and are you actually comparing watching League two football to watching a game in a major tournament like the Euros or the World Cup?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

It’s not those kind of prices. They are only those kind of prices if you are not part of the England supporters travel club & go to England games home & away in qualifiers and friendly games to enable you to earn the caps needed to get tickets for the major tournament finals.

You can not just think that you just  can rock up and grab a ticket without paying a premium.

and are you actually comparing watching League two football to watching a game in a major tournament like the Euros or the World Cup?

Oh right you in the know are you .

I'm.going off what a lad who watches Vale and England and is there today with lad with flag I believe think he as being at every game .

Yes I am comparing as to be honest I can sing go on England at home and it cost me nothing .

What I'm saying it's a massive expense if you paid watch all 3 England games up to yet you would feel short changed in fact the best bit of game v Slovenia was the non stop singing of England to great escape music the rest was a <ovf censored> show was it not 

5 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Oh right you in the know are you .

I'm.going off what a lad who watches Vale and England and is there today with lad with flag I believe think he as being at every game .

Yes I am comparing as to be honest I can sing go on England at home and it cost me nothing .

What I'm saying it's a massive expense if you paid watch all 3 England games up to yet you would feel short changed in fact the best bit of game v Slovenia was the non stop singing of England to great escape music the rest was a <ovf censored> show was it not 

The young lad Cal you been speaking to mate? He doesn’t miss many games & always takes his flag 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

A friend of mine joined EUFA and managed to get a ticket for the first game high in the stand £180.

• Like 1