onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Glastonbury 2024

leedsvaliant

I've struggled a bit with this year. I really try to have an open mind but the line up is as weak as it's been for many years.

Not many people in the UK have heard of Sza. Surely the prerequisite for a headline act , especially one that closes the festival, is someone who UK audiences are vaguely familiar? She's a perfectly decent singer but the reaction is lukewarm because people don't seem to know the songs.

Dua Lipa, again a perfectly good popstar and has probably enough 'hits ' to justify being high up the bill. Her show was excellently choreographed but I'm pretty certain a lot of her set was mimed.

Finally Coldplay....just play the first 2 albums Chris and stop all the gimmicks and save the world sh1te.

Cyndi Lauper was so bad it was cringeworthy. Who else was there? I thought LCD Soundsystem were good and Block Party are always lively.

• Like 1

Advert

Maybe its a generational thing? We used to go in the 90's when it was more edgy. Perfect generation for indie music. I then had ten years off (but always watched on TV wishing I was there) and went again in 2009, and 2010, Although the music wasn't exactly my taste there was a healthy amount of great known acts to watch/listen too and we saw more of the actual festival itself which isn't just about the music.

Whilst it it has always been political there, I have totally lost touch with it, the line up, the leftists messages drummed down your throat. Still, if people enjoy it and happy to pay the prices then great for them.

Glastonbury is not all about the headline acts, it’s all about the in betweens

I have just got back from the most amazing weekend of seeing live music and mixing with beautiful people.

For the record I went to see the following:

Korrupt FM
Fat Dog
Squeeze
The Snuts
Kenya Grace
The Vaccines
D-ream + Brian Cox
Lulu 
King Kruel 
Fontaines dc
Beatles Dub Club
Cyndi Lauper
Bloc Party
The Breeders
Sleaford Mods
Coldplay
Problem Patterns
The Ks 
Paloma Faith
James 
Nothing but thieves 
Fat Dog (2nd time)
London Grammar

Fat Dog are amazing.

Been twice, hated it both times and both times vowed never to go again, but the weather was crap both times. Loads of things to do and see but found it far too big, very difficult to get around, could take you well over an hour to get from one stage to another, wading in mud with your wellies on, pitched near the John Peel tent on a slope the first time and tents were being washed away, last time I was 1,5 hour walk from the Pyramid stage. I will probably get roped in to going again but I certainly won’t be camping unless in the VIP section. I’ve been to around 25 camping festivals through the years and bar once at Creamfields due to horrendous weather have enjoyed all of them bar Glastonbury but I will say my camping days are over now.

Thought it was probably the poorest line up they have had. It’s not all about the headliners but that was 3 of the worst possible choices. Sza is never a headline act at a festival like Glastonbury. There were a few bands I would have gone to watch kasabian, bloc party, vaccines and nothing but theives. But a pretty poor line up imo