onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Views on Rob Taylor?

TylerB

Advert

It seems I'm not alone in my thoughts on him then. When he came on to replace Loft in the recent home game against Rochdale (which was my first for a while) I cringed when he came on - although in fairness he did put in the cross for our opener.

Perhaps we should just get behind our own players and support the team for a change. Nothing worse when a player is substituted and this is cheered - pathetic, infantile and gives the player every reason to try and hide next time he's playing. Taylor can be a reasonable player at this level, but does need to play in position!

Perhaps we should just get behind our own players and support the team for a change. Nothing worse when a player is substituted and this is cheered - pathetic, infantile and gives the player every reason to try and hide next time he's playing. Taylor can be a reasonable player at this level, but does need to play in position!

He was yesterday.

He has as Jean said not had a mickey Adams pre-season due to being injured over the summer, he is probably not at his fittest and his fighting weight he wants to be at, plus he has played out of position at left back and probably finding it hard going this season

That is no reason why we should berate him as a player but encourage him after all football most of the time is a confidence game and he needs a few good performances to build on

It's not going to help him being constantly barracked at the moment as we have no one as yet to put in his place so please chaps go easy on him we all know you don't become a bad player overnight and we know he can deliver

I do not agree with players being booed when their name is read out(not saying that has happened to Taylor yet) and it makes me cringe when our own players are subbed and they get sarcastically cheered off,however once we are allowed to bring in players i can see Taylor being offered out for loan.

Does anybody know if Burge is still on the transfer list?

I think he has bags of skill and pace but a constitution that lends itself to a limited number of explosive bursts with a really long recovery phase and he doesn't have a good engine over 90 minutes.

Psychologically, I think he's stagnating here as well and needs a fresh challenge elsewhere.

Feel a bit sorry for him getting all this stick but he's just not good enough. He had his chance out wide yesterday and he didn't take it. He's not a left back, and he isn't a winger (on yesterdays showing). I quite liked when he played up front a few years ago and it would be interesting if Adams gave him a chance up there again.

Rob Taylor the new scape goat for most vale fans!

I think maybe he offered a little bit of promise in darker times.

Some people forgave his weaknesses as the odd spark lit up Vale Park.

Sadly for Rob, and us as supporters, the spark Is no longer there and we can only see the weakness.

My conclusion is that he's not as good as we first thought but he's not as bad as he's now showing, not sure why but he's letting himself down in my opinion.

When the competition was Danny Glover, Taylor looked decent. When it's Ashley Vincent, he looks a little wanting.

There's no doubt that Rob had/has pace, and an eye for goal, but he hasn't progressed as much as I am sure everyone would have liked.

I'm not sure of the 'stats', but how many of his goals have been at Vale Park and how many on opposition turf? What I'm getting at is, is he more suited to away grounds that are shoerter and narrower than Vale Park. Is Vale Park simply too big for his bursts of speed?

I won't berate the lad, he's here because here is where his level is, until we sign someone better! - just like all of the other players.

It's a team game and he's gven a job to do within the team whenever he takes to the pitch, wether or not he actually carries out those duties is upto the Manager to decide.

When the competition was Danny Glover, Taylor looked decent. When it's Ashley Vincent, he looks a little wanting.

Rob was one of very few players who had potential a few years back.

He had pace, explosive shot and was a threat.

He has been disappointing of late, is he fit? lost abit of confidence?

I for one wish him well

Archived