onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ben Williamson

TylerB

I've noticed this season that a lot of people are still yet to be convinced of his talent. Sure, he's made a difference and scored important goals coming off the bench and at times when he has started it hasn't always gone his way.

Personally, I really think he has a lot of potential. He works defenders, has a bit of pace, holds up the ball well for a smaller guy and has a goal in him. I think he would only get better the more games in succession he plays. Obviously he has things to learn still and his finishing is very much a work in progress, but I think he's an excellent foil for Tom Pope and I think there's a lot more to come from him.

Advert

He is being over shadowed by pope at the moment, He works well as a sub but I think he has little impace from the start if he is player for the full game.

Who wouldn't be over shadowed by Tom Pope right now? Excluding Pope I thought he was our best performer last night along with Kingsley James for large parts. He faded out the game when Tom was subbed and Vincent was pushed up top.

A steadily improving player. He'll get plenty of chances to start matches between now and the end of the season given our limited squad and the chances that Tom Pope (like all other players) is likely to suffer injuries or suspensions at some point along the way.

If he notches 12-15 goals over the season and makes a wider team contribution I'll more than happy with him. If Dodds, Vincent and JMW can get into double figures as well then that will be a fair old strike rate, in addition to the odd goal from Mcombe, Burge and others.

Key word is potential. The lad is certainly a trier, but is that enough, especially if we get promoted to league one. Great sub and impact player, but not convinced he could hold the shirt, or if potential at 22/23 years of age is enough...

Rob Taylor has got by on 'potential', and he's 28. Williamson doesn't have a lot of football league experience and I'm sure he is learning all the time. For me Danny Glover was a trier, Williamson has much more about him to just be called that.

I've noticed this season that a lot of people are still yet to be convinced of his talent. Sure, he's made a difference and scored important goals coming off the bench and at times when he has started it hasn't always gone his way.

Personally, I really think he has a lot of potential. He works defenders, has a bit of pace, holds up the ball well for a smaller guy and has a goal in him. I think he would only get better the more games in succession he plays. Obviously he has things to learn still and his finishing is very much a work in progress, but I think he's an excellent foil for Tom Pope and I think there's a lot more to come from him.

Agree with that wholeheartedly. Williamson has something, there's no doubt in my mind. He's very quick, has a decent strike on him and can use both feet. Physically he's good too, you can tell he's an athlete in comparison to Louis Dodds.

He has more of a goal threat at the moment than Dodds as proven by their respective goals to minutes ratios. Williamson is deserving of a place in the starting 11 and I expect him to score a few more.

Despite the above I do rate Dodds but he doesn't look like scoring at the moment and will benefit from a spell out of the team to freshen up in my opinion.

He is being over shadowed by pope at the moment, He works well as a sub but I think he has little impace from the start if he is player for the full game.

Name me the last time other than last night that he completed 90 minutes?

Il give you a helping hand. His first start of the season came at Northampton. Subbed due to sending off. His next start came against Rochdale. Subbed due to sending off.

So please elaborate Mark and justify your statement by saying he has little impact when he starts a game and plays the full game.

A steadily improving player. He'll get plenty of chances to start matches between now and the end of the season given our limited squad and the chances that Tom Pope (like all other players) is likely to suffer injuries or suspensions at some point along the way.

If he notches 12-15 goals over the season and makes a wider team contribution I'll more than happy with him. If Dodds, Vincent and JMW can get into double figures as well then that will be a fair old strike rate, in addition to the odd goal from Mcombe, Burge and others.

i agree with that

Haven't seen enough when he has started to not want a new striker to support pope yet, but couldn't go yesterday. No sure about the 'potential' argument as he isn't 18, he is 23/24. He has scored a few now, so can see why he may deserve a chance, though I do favour playing more of a 3/4 striker behind pope than a 4-4-2, though it seemed to last night. I've always been criticise for being harsh on dodds but have found myself defending him a lot this year. However he hasn't been free scoring playing up front like some claimed he would. Though we are scoring loads as a team which is the main issue.

Archived