onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Riots last home game?

carl

The player could be telling the truth. The player could be trying to please the fans. Fact is, you go bury your head in the sand until we've got rid of that *****.

I don't understand the last line. You offer the promise of a fact and then let me down with a statement. My head is not buried anywhere, certainly not in Mo Chaudrys . I will continue to go to the game, buy a beer, buy a pie and support the team. Not everyone has to have the same line of thinking

Advert

Id be happy if the B&G group did a stay away from the ground. Might help us with creating a POSITIVE atmosphere for these last 2 games.

If the status quo remains then there could very well be MANY who will be staying away for the next season.What would be best atmosphere 3000 or 5000?

Id be happy if the B&G group did a stay away from the ground. Might help us with creating a POSITIVE atmosphere for these last 2 games.

Yeah WV it's been absolutely buzzing at Vale Park for the last 8 years hasn't it.

The thing that effecting the players more than anything is a lack of leadership and investment from the board, don't forget that at the final push after Gannon had gone it was Bill who said the team stengthening wasn't required when all around could. Black and Gold were all for that but sadly "we are where we are" and you lot will next season. Who will you blame for the dross then?

I don't understand the last line. You offer the promise of a fact and then let me down with a statement. My head is not buried anywhere, certainly not in Mo Chaudrys . I will continue to go to the game, buy a beer, buy a pie and support the team. Not everyone has to have the same line of thinking

I've been a season ticket holder for 23 years, and I have never not supported the team. I support the team every game that I go to. So do not presume that because people are protesting against the board and trying to force change that they are not supporting the players on the pitch.

You're worse than Perry "if you don't buy a season ticket you aren't a fan!".

What do you think the reaction would be if a player told a fan face to face that the protests are affecting the team? Do you think a player wants to put himself in that position????????

You talk no sense whatsoever. It won't affect the players - at all. They've got their contracts, they've got their manager they should just be focusing on what they are doing and getting 12 points from the remaining games.

It's the same for any line of work. What do you do WV? I suppose if someone was criticising the company you work for and the people you run it, that would "affect" you and "put you off" your job? I mean, that someone isn't criticising you, are they?

Frankly, if it affects the players, it shouldn't do. As I said, they are paid to play football and win games, fans aren't getting on the players' backs as much as its about getting the board out. If it does affect the players then they should invest in some thick skin and perspective, personally. I and I'm sure many others on here will back our players to win in every game we play. That's the important thing. But if you think at a critical time when the club needs new investment the protests are going to stop, think again.

AND OPEN YOUR EYES.

Edit = I will add, that if you think about the reasons Ben Foster, Fergie et al have come out with these comments you'll see why. Of course they will say what they've said.

End of the day, anyone can say what they want. We have a board with no money, happy to settle for 10th in League 2, or we have someone promising £5,000,000 and a plan to take us to the championship. Sure WV will you admit that the board are just trying to hold on to their positions of privilege? They are happy to cruise along with nothing just so they get to call the shots.

If I have to fight for my team to get a little ambition, then I will, I'm not going to bury my head. I'll still go to every game and cheer the boys on, but I will not settle for the ******* residing in the board room!

Let's put forward a question then.

Which had the bigger impact on the players, and thus their performances:

Protests or Jim Gannon?

The board have done far greater damage to our prospects than any protests - which bar for the Bradford game have remained outside the ground - have done.

Incidentally, the one game where protests went into the stadium, we won.

But why get the facts involved.

Can you make your mind up, one minute you say that the B&G is only a few protesting mainly kids and then you say that the protests are upsetting the players.

Which way is then, surely a few kids shouldnt upset the players.

Are these protests actually achieving anything other than making the board feel physically threatened? Why not have a silent protest n stay away. The club n police will be expecting trouble at the last home game I'm sure and will probably come down like a ton of bricks on any violence.

If you think the police don't read this board, you're an *****.

Are these protests actually achieving anything other than making the board feel physically threatened? Why not have a silent protest n stay away. The club n police will be expecting trouble at the last home game I'm sure and will probably come down like a ton of bricks on any violence.

If you think the police don't read this board, you're an idiot.

Who has proposed anything but non-violent protest?

Archived