onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chuck the Key away.......Scumbags.

Jimmy

Advert

The so-called parents of 4 year old Daniel Pelka who was beaten,tortured and starved to death.Can't believe that all the authorities have missed this again.How many more kids have got to die?

Do you constantly trawl the press for any news about immigrants to make you angry?

That's hardly the point here given such a tragic and chilling event and anyway his anger is well placed

Shocking that anyone (let alone a mother) could do this and also that, given what appear to be obvious signs of abuse, nothing was done by the various services involved.

We'll get the usual 'lessons will be learned' routine and I know it's difficult but there must be some underlying reason why people (teachers, social workers, police etc) are not acting..something that's not systemic but 'cultural'.

That's hardly the point here given such a tragic and chilling event and anyway his anger is well placed

Shocking that anyone (let alone a mother) could do this and also that, given what appear to be obvious signs of abuse, nothing was done by the various services involved.

We'll get the usual 'lessons will be learned' routine and I know it's difficult but there must be some underlying reason why people (teachers, social workers, police etc) are not acting..something that's not systemic but 'cultural'.

I think the "lessons will be learned" and "we have learned from this" and "we have implemented etc from the lessons learned" etc is wearing a little thin... why dont they share the lessons with others who care for children, the sick, the aged and the vulnerable.

If lessons have been learned why does it keep happening? and the same excuses trotted out? didnt they learn the fist or second or third or fourth etc etc time?...... :mad::mad::mad:

Agreed.....seems to me the problems are not systemic but, and I can't ti nk of a better word at present, cultural..they can see things happening but for some reason are reluctant or held back from getting involved by 'the powers that be'. Has to be some military style command at some point who takes ownership and sdayss to everyone "Do this and then we'll take the consequences afterwards"..doesn't seem to happen

Agreed.....seems to me the problems are not systemic but, and I can't ti nk of a better word at present, cultural..they can see things happening but for some reason are reluctant or held back from getting involved by 'the powers that be'. Has to be some military style command at some point who takes ownership and sdayss to everyone "Do this and then we'll take the consequences afterwards"..doesn't seem to happen

I think that some social workers are frightened of some of the less approachable members of society(for want of a better turn of phrase) and so reports get watered down and glossed over. Then something happens that can't be swept under the carpet then and only then do the wheels start turning, innumerable meetings later they publish a report and once again lessons will be learned. How many deaths does it take for the penny to drop with an audible clunk.

I don't agree that they are frightened of the individuals involved; more likely they are frightened of the consequences for themselves of taking a child away and then being proven to have been wrong to do that..if they can show just cause then even if wrong they should be backed by superiors and 'the system'.

They may well be driven by the policy being 'don't take kids away from families unless you have concrete prof that it's necessary'...

I don't agree that they are frightened of the individuals involved; more likely they are frightened of the consequences for themselves of taking a child away and then being proven to have been wrong to do that..if they can show just cause then even if wrong they should be backed by superiors and 'the system'.

They may well be driven by the policy being 'don't take kids away from families unless you have concrete prof that it's necessary'...

You're right. It's also noticeable that the murderess's mother is in agreement with those criticising social services, teachers and the police; they're both saying it's not the murderers' fault. That attitude doesn't show compassion, by the way; it shows a further viciousness in the critics, on top of the viciousness of the two bullies who killed the boy.

Where were the teachers, neighbours, parents of other children, GP's etc. in all of this?

It's easy to blame social workers but there might be whole raft of people who should have brought this to their attention in the first place.

A little more collective responsibility might have gone some way to stopping this from happening.

A coffin is concrete proof but that doesn't bring the poor little mite back to life, school welfare failed even when it was proven that he was malnourished and clemmed. Seems like everyone knew but all stood back,amatures will hesitate but we're talking about professionals here who should have recognised the signs and done something, too late now, it's us taxpayers who will have to pick up the tab for their indolence and gross incompetence, RIP little one.

Do you constantly trawl the press for any news about immigrants to make you angry?

No I do not and if you had bothered to follow the whole of the thread,you would have realised that I have nominated 3 other scumbags Stuart Hazell,Mark Bridger and Rebecca Shuttleworth.None of these people are immigrants as far as I know.

Neither did I have to trawl the press for this despicable crime,it was the top story on the all of the main news networks yesterday and rightly so.

Archived